Koodo Community

Community

Phone Upgrade - Because we're loyal and we love you.

Let's say...hypothetically speaking of course...that I've had my Blackberry for two years now and Blackberry has come out with these awesome new phones since then. I think, for being a loyal Koodo customer for the last two years, Koodo should offer me a better deal on the new Blackberry phones than the average Joe Blow off the street...because, let's face it, Joe Blow hasn't been as loyal as me and clearly I'm way cooler than he is too.

28 replies

Userlevel 6
http://static.funnypik.com/hilarious-facepalm-collection-image_166094.jpg
Userlevel 4
If I could give you 2 stars... I would
Userlevel 6
I just keep re-reading OP's post over and over again, and the amazement never stops!
Userlevel 7
Best promoted response ever. I hope you get koodies
Userlevel 6
It's worth a thousand words 😃
Userlevel 1
More than a thousand with Patrick Stewart/ Jean-Luc Picard
Userlevel 6
I thought it was appropriate to post this given that this is the thread that keeps on giving 😃
Userlevel 6
Do banks, car dealers etc. provide a better deal? Well, I haven't seen it. More often than not new customers tend to get a better deal than existing ones. At least koodo doesn't seem to play that game. Also, you probably stuck with koodo cause the service worked and prices were decent otherwise you'd be gone. That said you can always trade in your phone and koodo may give you a trade-in cvalue which you can put towards your next phone. Same with your tab. You might have collected enough to use it towards the purchase of a new phone. That is, I guess how they reward loyal customers.
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

Do banks, car dealers etc. provide a better deal? Well, I haven't seen it. More often than not ne...

Actually most Banks, Car Dealers etc. do reward you for loyalty. Bulb!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Do banks, car dealers etc. provide a better deal? Well, I haven't seen it. More often than not ne...

Really? Because I've never met a car dealer who cared where I bought my last car. Only where I'm going to buy my next car.
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

Really really! I am sorry to hear about experience with car dealer but hope your bank is doing well 🙂
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

Nope. Banks don't give a them either. 🙂 Righ now, BMO offers $200 for new customers opening an account. I asked what they are giving me for the last 5 years I have been with them. Nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've been a loyal koodo customer for longer than that & I wouldn't expect any kind of break on price of a phone. What you can do is if your plan is $30 or higher you can keep the plan you have & now get a $300 tab instead of the $150 that they offered you before. This is basically a deal on the phone because koodo will also now contribute 15% towards your tab instead of the 10% they are now & they will also clear the remaining tab if any after 24 months. You just pay back a portion of the tab or no interest loan basically at a rate of $5 a month that for 24 months. Or another way to get a good deal on a new phone is to contribute in this community helping out & answering questions. If you are recognized for your efforts in various ways you could earn your self a new phone possibly. Keep in mind you would have to be Knowledgeable of mobile technologies & devices to choose this route. A little work goes a long way sometimes in learning if you don't already know.
Userlevel 2
@Paul Deschamps Some how you bring the sanity to this forum. Otherwise lot of foxy, rocky, toppers, dippers etc. will almost won't let any body say anything. Well done mate.. you are the star here....
Userlevel 7
Raza1 wrote:

@Paul Deschamps Some how you bring the sanity to this forum. Otherwise lot of foxy, rocky,...

All hail Kid Android! Although I don't agree that others don't let others have a say since this is an open forum and anyone can say whatever they like.
Userlevel 6
Banks only care about new customers. See below.

Userlevel 2
I do bank with this bank and I do get not only excellent offers but also free goodies for sticking with for some time now 🙂 😉 I am actually in a town where we don't have a BMO branch and I have to travel two hours if we need to get into a branch and I feel worth it the way they treat me!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Would you walk into your bank and say: "I took out a loan with you a while back and agreed to pay it back over 5 years but I've been making regular payments for the last 2 and I feel you should forgive the rest because I've been a loyal customer."? Because that's essentially what we're talking about here.
Userlevel 2
"a loyal Koodo customer for the last two years, Koodo should offer me a better deal on the new Blackberry phones than the average Joe Blow" "Do banks, car dealers etc. provide a better deal? " "Actually most Banks, Car Dealers etc. do reward you for loyalty. Bulb!!"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

"a loyal Koodo customer for the last two years, Koodo should offer me a better deal on the new Bl...

So does Koodo. It's called the "Tab" 😉
Userlevel 2
Raza1 wrote:

"a loyal Koodo customer for the last two years, Koodo should offer me a better deal on the new Bl...

Thanks for negating another false statement "At least koodo doesn't seem to play that game." 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raza1 wrote:

I have no idea what you're trying to say here... but that's okay, don't bother 😃
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

^ Star 🙂
Userlevel 2
Raza1 wrote:

@Sophia I know you have no idea but don't worry message has been delivered where it was needed... No Undo please 🙂
Userlevel 6
Raza1 wrote:

Raza... are you and MatB the same person?