Koodo Community
Question

phone unlock

• 31 December 2013
  • 18 replies

I have no prob waiting 3 months of good service to get my unit unlocked. I was told if one provider has this rule they all do. I could of heard in correct. Anyhow thanks for allowing me to use this fourm for koodo community. I use to be with Koodo. Yes I agree there is 3rd party that can unlock as well but some can charge cheap and more.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What is your question?
Userlevel 5
3rd party unlocking will void your manufacturers warranty, just fyi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
3rd party unlocking will void your manufacturers warranty, just fyi.It does not.
Sophia: I just wanted to make sure if I heard correct that if one provider has 90 days of service they all do to get unlocked: yes I under stood I just got confused re Robs comments and herassment of others on here. I hope I am not been reported for violations of terms. I had to speak for my self on this matter. and re the warranty thanks noone told me this. Thank you
how does a 3rd party void your warranty as well? if your provider does it after 3 months is it voided?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
how does a 3rd party void your warranty as well? if your provider does it after 3 months is it v...It doesn't void your warranty. If you have any warranty issues, it's BlackBerry that handles the repair and they have no way of knowing who unlocked your device. The unlocking process is the same regardless of who unlocks your device. Unlocking your bootloader and modifying the OS in any way will void the warranty. A simple network unlock will not.
I got 1 yr with my company and ext with the store I got it from. Witch is PC mobile Peterborough ONT
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some people unlock the phone for free by reprogramming it with a custom modified operating system. This is the primary way that a 3rd party unlock voids the warranty. If you just purchase an unlock code there is no way to tell whether the code was purchased from Koodo or a 3rd party without searching through Koodo's account records, since both will provide the same unlock code. As for the 90 day wait, for Koodo at least it is the account that must be active for at least 90 days, not the individual phone. I suspect that this is similar with all other providers. I know all providers charge a fee to unlock phones, since there is no advantage to the companies in doing so.
also if Koodo sells the BB Z10 and Telus and Rogers or Fido or Wind are all the codes the same on the units or no?
Badge +4
Some people unlock the phone for free by reprogramming it with a custom modified operating system...Wouldn't there be a note on the account stating that the unlock was perfomed by Koodo? How would Koodo be able to enforce the ninety day rule, knowing full well consumers can get their devices unlocked well before ninety days?
Some people unlock the phone for free by reprogramming it with a custom modified operating system...I would assume they put notes on client accounts they did it either RW or Telus or wind who ever the person is with.
Some people unlock the phone for free by reprogramming it with a custom modified operating system...if I worked for telus or wind or Koodo and some one called me I said yes ur quilfied and I do it for them id make sure I noted that I did it and client was secsessfull.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some people unlock the phone for free by reprogramming it with a custom modified operating system..."...or a 3rd party [b]without searching through Koodo's account records"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some people unlock the phone for free by reprogramming it with a custom modified operating system...And the 90 day rule means that Koodo will not provide an unlock code if you owe money on the tab and your account is less than 90 days old.
Some people unlock the phone for free by reprogramming it with a custom modified operating system...and what drives me nuts is some pass word account and they dont ask for the pass words I have had this happen before to me.
so If I paid ext warranty with PC mobile U dont suggest me to allow anyone to unlock this then? thanks they wont know unless i tell them I allowed it to be unlocked. But that would be dis honist.
You can rely on http://www.superunlockcodes.com/supported-phones/rs5wp7
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can rely on http://www.superunlockcodes.com/supported-phones/rs5wp7No you cannot. Spam.