Koodo Community

Community

Phone Options

Userlevel 2
I get that adding a new phone to those currently available probably means Koodo guaranteeing to sell X no. of phones or keep a phone available for X period of time - that is just the nature of business... but there has to be some buying power for a company such as Koodo to say to the suppliers 'this is what we want and this is how long for' - at least then Koodo could choose to introduce a new phone, see how is sells and if it doesn't - then by all means go ahead and dump it!

You only have to look around this site to find very many Blackberry users (myself included) who cannot update their phone and remain with their (Koodo) carrier of choice because Koodo doesn't stock Blackberry phones any longer.

I don't really care for any more comments and opinions from IOS and Android users as to why Blackberry doesn't meet their needs (esp. in Apps - that is why you chose an iPhone or Android OS phone) - the bottom line is that Blackberry meets my needs and no doubt the very many other Koodo customers who likewise have asked about Koodo re-stocking BB phones.

Is there any hope for the Classic or Priv becoming available via Koodo - Blackberry is also a Canadian business (as Canadian as any multi-national can be these days) and good, unbias marketing could be of benefit to both companies.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello David.

You can always buy your phone from elsewhere and bring it to Koodo. I do not know when any new phone will be available. Just have to keep looking on their site or FB page. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello David.

You can always buy your phone from elsewhere and bring it to Koodo. I do not know w...

I'd add that this is really the way to go for most phones as there's little incentive to use the Tab program now that Koodo isn't really subsidizing the phone cost anymore (tab fee on your monthly bill).
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Hello David.

You can always buy your phone from elsewhere and bring it to Koodo. I do not know w...

I guess bringing your own phone is nice for those who can afford to go and drop a few hundred $'s on a new phone but not for those who need to pay it off over time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I agree with you, David.
It would be great if Koodo have more variety of phones.
I know we can  go somewhere else to get a phone and use it with Koodo.
But it's a kind of hassle to do that - you have to buy a phone outright and unlock it...
It's better I can buy my phone from my carrier 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Folks, as you can see we heard your feedback and started to introduce phones that may not be in high demand but there are people who would still prefer to buy it from us. 3 new phones have been introduced for online only purchases. Why only only? Because it's very challenging to manage inventory across hundreds of distribution points. We always look at new phones to bring into our line up, whether they make it or not depends on multiple factors. From demand, to prices to support structure etc.   
Bernard wrote:

Folks, as you can see we heard your feedback and started to introduce phones that may not be in h...

Why not Blackberry?   If Koodo does not start offering blackberrys soon I will be forced to go elsewhere and I am sure others will too.
Userlevel 6
Bernard wrote:

Folks, as you can see we heard your feedback and started to introduce phones that may not be in h...

John.
Just pick up a blackberry straight from Blackberry.
Or from telus.
It works the exact same.
Koodo is unlikely to purchase bulk blackberries to stock in stores because there is not enough demand.
But you can just as easily grab one elsewhere are use on Koodo.