Koodo Community

Community

Solved

pay as you go question

My son just got a new blackberry, he gave me his old blackberry. Can I use it for pay as you go?

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Does the old Blackberry take a sim card?
It has one in it
Userlevel 2
As long as it's a Koodo Blackberry or an unlocked Blackberry, you should be able to use it on prepaid. You will need a prepaid sim card.
Myke wrote:

As long as it's a Koodo Blackberry or an unlocked Blackberry, you should be able to use it on pre...

Are those expensive?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

As long as it's a Koodo Blackberry or an unlocked Blackberry, you should be able to use it on pre...

No $20 and you get $20 of credits included so really it's nothing
Myke wrote:

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Keep in mind that Koodo prepaid doesn't support data on Blackberries running OS 7 or earlier. That would be Curves, Bolds, Torches, etc. You can use WiFi for your internet needs but you won't be able to use BBM or receive emails.
Before use your pay as you go sim card,Make sure your phone is unlocked. If it's locked by other than your current network service,you will need to unlock your phone.For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like http://www.prounlocking.com/blackberry/rs5wp8/ I hope it will be very useful to you.