Koodo Community
Question

Parental controls?

Is there anyway of shutting down my teens Blackberry Bold 9900 through our account daily between 11:30 pm and 6:30 am?

19 replies

Userlevel 4
That is something that can only be done within your household. Koodo does not have the ability to set a daily timer for what you are asking. Just grab the phone from them and turn it off. Hide it. Give it back in the morning. I had to do that with my daughter for a couple weeks. Remember, we are the parents. Childen ruled us when they were adorable little, needy toddlers. hahaha
Userlevel 4
There are parental controls on the 9900. Under options. If you don't see it, upgrade the OS to 7.1
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut down as my concern is more with sleep. I would like to leave the bigger battles for more threatening issues.
Userlevel 4
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...I hear ya. We have enough to worry about with our kids. Unfortunately, the only way to make sure he gets his sleep is to take the phone away at night...He may not like this but I'm sure when he wakes up feeling refreshed, knowing he gets his phone back anyways, it may end up not being a battle at all...
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...Ha Ha Ha! I take it you do not have a 16 year old boy!
Userlevel 4
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...No, I have a 13 year old girl 😛 (oops sorry, young woman, as she JUST pointed out to me) Pretty much the same attitudes lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...I actually think teenage girls are way worse to deal with from my experience.
Userlevel 4
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...I gotta wait about 10 years then I'll know for sure which is worse...
Userlevel 1
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...This site will tell you how to turn parent control on BB bold 9900 http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/38289/mfl1331660927152.jsp
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...parental controls are great, but just limit the usage of the phone - only certain apps/procedures can be blocked (they could still play any installed games) best suggestion is to turn it over to mom/pop before bed time.
Userlevel 1
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...Plan B, logon to yourself serve and suspend phone for a week saying it's provider prob. after week if everything is cool.. Good ! if not do same trick but never say .. you did it !.. and I never told you that, if your daughter sees this post I'm not responsible ..- lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...Mat the OP has a son and she just wishes to make it so they can't use the phone everyday at night not suspend the line which can't be done more than once a month I believe. I agree with the others that say just take away the phone at night, of course he's not going to want to give it up but you need to take control, after all you are the parent. Get his dad to deal with it.
Userlevel 4
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...Hahahaha! nice one! Now that it's on the interwebz....everyone will know it was YOU! 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...Whoever bought the phone or pays for the plans can do whatever they want with the phone
Userlevel 1
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...Did you ever try to explain that to your teenager 16 years old? then try and you'll find out who controls who?
Userlevel 7
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...This isn't a family discussion on how to raise her child, Mat... I think you're starting to get out of line
Userlevel 1
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...Thx, even if the Topic was "Parental Controls"
Userlevel 4
Thank you. I know we are the parents, it would make things easier if his connection just shut do...ZING!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In my household with a tiger mom, all issues are big issues and what mom (and dad) says goes with no questions asked.