Koodo Community
Question

Old BB data plan migrated to the new Z10

• 5 February 2013
  • 5 replies

Hello all, I took advantage of a nice plan deal a few months ago - Unlimited Canada Wide with 2GB data for my aging Curve 8530. This is a full-BB service plan. I was wondering if this plan can be moved to a new Z10 without gimping/changing my plan. Other carriers do this without a hassle, unless the existing plan was service-specific (ie, BBM only, social only, etc) . I am uncertain about Koodo. The downside to the Curve 8530, is that it does not use a SIM to be easily transferred to the new Z10. I want to keep my current plan, as it's better than the current offering! Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's the exact same way with Koodo you as the other carriers & you'll be fine. You'll just have to get your account transfered to a Micro SIM Card when you purchase the Z10
Userlevel 2
The Z10 is configured differently to work just like an Android with regards to the APN. No BB specific data plan is required. That is going to be a huge seller.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Z10 is configured differently to work just like an Android with regards to the APN. No BB spe...Ya its not needed but from my understanding your fine if you do have a blackberry plan just not specific BlackBerry add ons like he listed above.
Userlevel 7
The Z10 is configured differently to work just like an Android with regards to the APN. No BB spe...KID is right.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Z10 is configured differently to work just like an Android with regards to the APN. No BB spe...Yeah, since the bb versions of the promo plans will work with android and iphone as well, they'll have no problem with bb10. Just be aware that bb10 may use more data than an older blackberry because it isn't being compressed like it used to.