Koodo Community

Community

Not receiving emails on my phone

Hi, All of a sudden I'm not receiving emails on my phone- dtek by blackberry. I've tried shutting my phone off and deleting the email accounts but still no luck. It works fine on wifi.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
What's your outgoing mail server?
Chad Burr wrote:

What's your outgoing mail server?

Smtp-mail.outlook.com. Port 587. I also have a gmail account and neither works
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you open the app and refresh your emails there does it work on cellular data? If so check that your background data isn't restricted in your settings. Also stupid question but have to ask, your data is enabled and you have data still on your account and your web browser works correct?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If you open the app and refresh your emails there does it work on cellular data? If so check that...

Same here...my husband needs to receive emails for work, but sometimes they just don't come in on time. What can be the problem? We try to refresh gmail account as often as possible, but doesn't seem to do the trick. Any suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you open the app and refresh your emails there does it work on cellular data? If so check that...

Gmail should push to your phone when emails arrive to their server. Make sure your settings on Google's servers are set properly to push emails to you.

Have you checked Gmail through their computer interface? It is possible the delay is in Google receiving them from the sender, rather than sending them to you.

Userlevel 5

@Kerstin you're going to have to troubleshoot the Gmail app on the phone.  

I'm not sure which OS you're using so here's Android:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=gmail+android+not+getting+new+messages&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA752CA752&a...

And iPhone:

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA752CA752&ei=Je3wWvCNHoaj8AOIwq_wDA&q=gmail+ipho...

It doesn't make a difference if I refresh, tried that. Yes to all three of the other questions.
Hi Brenda,

Which Blackberry model are you using?