Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Not happy with new phone. Can I exchange it?

I have had my Samsung Galaxy Ace for 2 days now. I have been using it during this time. I am just not happy with how it works. I would like to exchange it for a Blackberry...Is this covered by the 14 day money back guarantee? Is it OK that I have been using it?

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, it's covered by the 14 day money back guarantee 🙂 If the phone shows no signs of having used it, and if you have all the original accessories, you're good to go!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes. As long as it's in good condition and you have everything to go with it you can bring it back as per the 14 day guarantee. Then you can get any other phone you want
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just curious what it is that you didn't like and what your looking for in a smart phone? Maybe we could help you find a really good phone in your price range, the Galaxy Ace 2x is a very limited or low end device.
Actually, I barely use my phone for anything...just text messaging. I'm not adapting to the touch keypad very quickly. I was using a blackberry before and I was 3 or 4x faster on it, I feel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

Actually, I barely use my phone for anything...just text messaging. I'm not adapting to the touch...

I felt the same way when I switched from a physical keyboard to a virtual touchscreen keyboard but now I can type faster on the virtual keyboard. If you really want a physical keyboard definitely check out the Blackberry Q5 it's the best physical keyboard phone you'll get IMO. If you still have the ace try downloading "SwiftKey" it's the keyboard most of us that use Android devices here use and it makes a huge difference. There's a free trial version in the Playstore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

Actually, I barely use my phone for anything...just text messaging. I'm not adapting to the touch...

I'd recommend the BlackBerry Curve for her instead. Sure, the Q5 is a much better smartphone, but it's twice the price. If she wants something more "modern", I'd recommend the Lumia 520. I can't really recommend anything over $150 for someone who manly texts.
Userlevel 7
Thea wrote:

What constitutes a "manly" text? Talking about the trees you chopped down with your axe as a lumberjack earlier, growing out your big beard, and driving your pickup truck through the Canadian wilderness to your log cabin up in the mountains? 😛 It's true though, the Lumia 520 is a fantastic entry level device. It's not going to have the big and colorful HD screen or powerful quad-core processor or amazing camera as the big boys... but for the $150 it costs (or free on a small Tab), it's some of the best hardware you can find. It runs very well for the type of phone it is. Android is still not at that level yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

A manly text is a texting protocol where the sender conveys messages via various grunts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

You can't recommend the 520 when the OP's main reason for not liking the phone they got because it had a virtual keyboard which the 520 also has. The Q5 has a physical keyboard like the OP wants and it is much better and more future proof than the old Blackberry which I wouldn't recommend for anyone due to it being so outdated. If the person wants to they have the ability to do much more later on with the Q5 that isn't possible with the Blackberry Curve.
Thea wrote:

Tell me more about the question of future proofing....I have had the feeling that the Curve just seems so old-fashioned...however I'm not sure that that is really a justification for spending another $150 to upgrade to the Q5...What are the risks of the Curve becoming "outdated"? Are there potential functional issues or is it more of an aesthetic thing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

I just meant that I know you only text and make calls right now but if you choose that you want to do more such as play games, use quality apps for different tasks (productivity), Maps & GPS , ect then you would already have a phone that does it all as well as has the physical keyboard you desire and you wouldn't have to upgrade again. In my opinion its always better to get something that's a little over what your looking for so if your needs change your already prepared and it saves money in the long run.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

Paul, she never stated that the keyboard was her main issue with the Ace 2X. She said that she prefers a device with a keyboard, which is why I recommended the Curve first. The Lumia 520 is really the only other choice at this price point. Thea, there's no risk of the Curve becoming "outdated", because it's been outdated for a while. But, you're still getting a new phone with the same warranty and support that a more modern device has. It fits your price and fulfills your main criteria (talk + text). Paul, 200% of the price isn't exactly "a little more".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

"I'm not adapting to the touch keypad very quickly" meaning she doesn't like virtual keyboards and would prefer a physical keyboard which she can type on much faster. Also I specified what I meant by becoming outdated Ivan, I didn't mean what you put about support and warranty I laid it out fully as the functionality in what it can do and why I feel this way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

"I am just not happy with how it works." That's what she said. Yes, she mentioned a dislike for virtual keyboard but didn't state that it was an absolute dealbreaker (she did get the Ace 2X first). "Also I specified what I meant by becoming outdated Ivan..." I'm not challenging your position on the Curve's obsolescence. I'm not disputing a single thing you said about that. I was just answering her question from a different perspective ("Are there potential functional issues or is it more of an aesthetic thing?"). That's why I brought up the warranty thing. A curve not getting BB10 updates and apps isn't a functional issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

LOL, I swear I didn't mean a "that's what she said" joke when I typed that!
Userlevel 2
Thea wrote:

ROFL!!! Way to go Ivan 😛.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thea wrote:

Lol ok I gotcha, it's all good
Thanks, everyone, for the advice! I am going to go with the Curve...Q5 just too much of a luxury at this point, and I know I will be way faster with a physical keyboard!
Userlevel 6
Hi guys, Koodo now has a 15 day Money Back Guarantee from phones and accessories.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

Hi guys, Koodo now has a 15 day Money Back Guarantee from phones and accessories.

Are you sure? The website says 14 http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-14-day-money-back-guarantee
Userlevel 2
Erwin wrote:

Information is still being updated. As per the CRTC compliance, it's 15 days.
Userlevel 4
Erwin wrote:

Which doesn't come into effect until December 2nd, right?
Userlevel 2
Erwin wrote:

Right, Koodo may be doing it that before Dec 2nd, but I'm not 100% sure.
Userlevel 4
Erwin wrote:

It's not too far away lol. Like...2 weeks?