Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No Data on Android after switching from Blackberry

I recently switched from a Blackberry to a Android. My SIM card works fine and I can make calls and receive text. I have removed the blackberry from my account too. I cannot use DATA for some reason. I think that when I got blackberry at first it went on telus network instead of Koodo. How do I go back to KOODO so I can use my data?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Some will say that you have to change your data plan, but BlackBerry data is also compatible with all types of devices. Have you looked to see if data is blocked on the phone? Settings -> mobile networks -> then depending on your os, make sure either 'packet data' or 'mobile data' is on/enabled
Wow.. You know what I did.. I was googling and I found the setting for the APN, mine was setup for Telus for some reason. I added all the Koodo settings and I was trying to connect and was still not working. Until you came up with that answer and Bingo. I now have internet. Thanks Ahmad.. you are awesome Paul
Userlevel 7
Paul Marchand wrote:

Wow.. You know what I did.. I was googling and I found the setting for the APN, mine was setup f...

No problem, glad I could help! 🙂 Enjoy your new phone
Userlevel 4
The older sim cards come with the wrong apn info, sp.telus.com instead of sp.koodo.com. If you ever get a new sim card, you won't run into this problem again.
will try that when I get to my new home.. 😃 leaving ontario tomorrow for Winnipeg.. thanks