Koodo Community

Community

No Blackberry Data Programming Instructions in FAQ list


For all pre-Blackberry z10 phones, it would be worth while to add in an FAQ of how to set up Blackberry Data. I was going to answer a question with a provided link but there is nothing in the FAQ about how to set up Blackberry Data.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are pushed to the BB.
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

Not automatically. Host Routing Table is required in order for everything to be pushed. The fact that you seem to think that it's done automatically proves you need to know your info better.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

99% of the time the blackberry will work. What you are describing is one of the trouble shooting options for when data doesn't work.
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

No Ahmad, you are wrong. When a blackberry phone is added to an account, the data is not provisioned onto the phone. I have seen this countless times when a blackberry is added to an account. Host Routing Table Registeration is required in order for the data to be provisioned correctly. It's clear you have nothing useful to add other than trying to be combative with me, so I respectfully request that you no longer reply in this thread.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

I have many years of experience with BlackBerry and know this for a fact. Besides the fact I've done this at least a dozen times over the past few years, that's how the devices were made. As soon as the device is connected to the network, the registration is sent automatically. Sometimes, things don't go properly and you have to do it yourself manually. It's clear however you think otherwise and you won't change your mind and that's fine. I know how things work and you telling me I'm "wrong" isn't going to change that. As for your request, I humbly decline as this is a public forum and everyone is free to post and comment on any thread they like.
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

nope, you are wrong, plain and simple. Please learn to respect requests unless you feel like being reported for harassment.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

I know the rules and have not broken any of them. If you feel that way, feel free to do so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

I agree with Ahmad, everything automatically set up on my Z10 when I popped in the SIM Card. I popped in the card and away I went.
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

Do people know how to read? I said FOR ALL PRE-Z10 PHONES, as in, ALL BLACKBERRIES THAT CAME OUT BEFOR THE Z10!
Userlevel 5
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

For bbs data to work pre bbs 10 u need a bb data plan that provisions u
Userlevel 5
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

If u have make sure U have data turned on manage connections mobile network options mobile data on. The register to rim. Options device advance options host routing table bb button register no. Hope this helps.
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

Teabird gets it! The instructions she gave should be listed in a FAQ.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

sorry i was trying to read it on the tiny iPhone 4 screen of my tester phone and missed the pre part I apoligize. Im not sure about pre Blackberry10, I havent used one much and it was years ago. Ill have to get one for my next test phone and learn it fully.
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

You shouldn't have to set up blackberry data. Even with unlocked phones, the proper APNs are push...

Wow what an active thread! One small ask is that going forward, we all try to keep the back and forth to a minimum. This was a great idea Marcus, my colleague will come in soon and provide you with an update. Until then, I'll be closing this thread so that we can all focus on the other great ideas in the community. Thank you for your cooperation everyone!

Reply