Koodo Community

Community

Solved

newer OS for Blackberry Q5

Recently Blackberry rolled out a new OS 10.3.0.1052 for Q5. Will Koodo be upgrading to this OS for users? There are other upgrades available as well that have not yet been rolled out by Koodo. (10.2.2.1531) When can we expect something new? I am currently using 10.2.1.3247 which does not allow me to use Bluetooth in my car.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
10.3 hasn't been released yet It's standard on the also yet to be released passport. Other versions you'll find out there are leaks of beta software. The version you're running is a leaked beta as well. If you're having issues with it you should return to official releases by using link. Make sure you know what you're doing when you update, if you need to use an Autoloader, chances are it'S not official UPDATES you're installing.
OS 10.2.1.3247 is what came with my phone from Koodo. Any idea as to when official updated releases will be available?
Userlevel 7
pjkay wrote:

OS 10.2.1.3247 is what came with my phone from Koodo. Any idea as to when official updated relea...

Have you checked settings ..software updates? What car do you have? I have a gm and Bluetooth works fine.
Updates tell me everything is up to date. Software Version is 10.2.1.2977 I am driving a 2012 Kia Sorento. My previous Blackberry Curve 9300 worked fine
Userlevel 4
He is on the latest released version. What is the blue tooth issue you are having? Mine is paired to 2 cars and 2 headsets without any issue
Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

He is on the latest released version. What is the blue tooth issue you are having? Mine is pair...

Ack Ry you're right. However the rest stands.
Ry wrote:

He is on the latest released version. What is the blue tooth issue you are having? Mine is pair...

My Q5 recognizes the Sorento and display on phone shows connected to Kia, but the Kia doses not pair with the phone. Car display shows "pairing failed".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ry wrote:

Does it work with other devices other than the Q5?
Ry wrote:

Car Bluetooth works with iPod and Blackberry Curve 9300
Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

Have you tried pairing your Q5 with another bt device?
Ry wrote:

Have tried iPad and iMac. Not successful.
Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

I'm leaning more towards a defect with your Q5. You may want to consider contacting Koodo for warranty service.
Ry wrote:

I'm starting to lean this way as well. Thanks for the input