Koodo Community

Need to bring BlackBerry 10 devices to Koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RIM is announcing the new BB10 OS on January 30th. Koodo really need to bring BlackBerry 10 devices to their lineup as soon as they are released. I'm sure there are many BlackBerry Faithful that will leave or not even come to Koodo in the first place once they lay their eyes on the Great new OS that has been created. It will be a big deal also because many company's have a huge trust in BlackBerry & like 10 or 20 phones or more in a company is a big sale of phones & service.

This topic has been closed for comments

58 replies

Userlevel 7
Are you complimenting something that isn't Android? 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you complimenting something that isn't Android? ;)I compliment every OS for one thing or another & after Android I'm liking the way BB10 runs with its gesture based workings, same reason I'm intrigued by the new Ubuntu OS that's coming out soon.
Userlevel 1
Valid points Kid Android! I guess we'll just have to wait and see 😉
It would be in Koodo's best interest to bring this device in so as to avoid a lot of people jumping ship or registering with Rogers etal. Koodo needs to make an announcement now, even if it's only going to carry it in another 2 months or so. Don't underestimate the interest in RIM with BB10.
The issue, as with any high end device coming to Koodo, will be the price. If the phone has a high price point, which I'm guessing the BB10 will though I haven't really looked into it, it might not make it to Koodo right away. It could go the way of the S3 and not come to Koodo immediately upon it's launch but make it's way there eventually. It will be cool to see what happens though!
The issue, as with any high end device coming to Koodo, will be the price. If the phone has a hig...Apparently BB10 will cover all price points from low budget to high budget. Not sure how that will workout unless they are releasing different internal storage sizes ala Iphone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The issue, as with any high end device coming to Koodo, will be the price. If the phone has a hig...Different sized processors and display quality & size like Android would be the only things to make differences between low end mid range and high end, internal memory would have nothing to do with that.
The issue, as with any high end device coming to Koodo, will be the price. If the phone has a hig...Is that why Iphone 5 16/32/64 were being sold at different prices? Surely the internal processors/display quality were the same...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The issue, as with any high end device coming to Koodo, will be the price. If the phone has a hig...That doesn't make one of them high end and one of them low end it's all the same level of quality. It does make a price difference because larger external memory costs more to produce. BB10 isn't going to be like I phones and all be the same, it's going to be like Android where there are many different models of phones with many different specs making some high end devices and some mid or low end devices.
The issue, as with any high end device coming to Koodo, will be the price. If the phone has a hig...You have some good points there. #KIDANDROIDFORMOBILEMASTER!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only thing with getting them a few months after they become available is alot of ppl would have already jumped ship and all the other providers arnt as easy to just up and leave like koodo. Also alot of ppl get comfortable with things & end up not changing because then they have to pay to leave where they are & then if the phones don't come unlocked you'd have to pay to have them unlocked from that other carrier your at & alot of ppl don't even know about unlocking or bringing your own device to another provider. Fingers crossed they get them when they're released & I hope it's in April when the next mobile masters are announced 😉 If I become a mobile master I call dibs lol
Has anybody actually seen what the estimated pricing might be? I've been googling forever (10mins) and can't find anything.
Userlevel 7
Has anybody actually seen what the estimated pricing might be? I've been googling forever (10mins...$700 or so from a recent leaked photo (should be somewhere on Mobile Syrup).
Userlevel 2
Nobody has released official pricing yet. RIM would have done enough market research though to know what price point would be considered acceptable and competitive from a consumer standpoint. Like every high end device from any manufacturer, I'd expect $199 or $249 on contract, maybe $299 but that might be a bit high. Similarly, something around $550-$650 outright. Pretty much standard pricing for flagship devices regardless of manufacturer. RIM won't be pricing themselves significantly higher or lower then their competition.
Nobody has released official pricing yet. RIM would have done enough market research though to k...Be nice if they'd take a note out of Google's book. They sold the Nexus 7 with little or no profit just to get it in the hands of as many consumers possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody has released official pricing yet. RIM would have done enough market research though to k...That would be awesome if they could but they are a much smaller company with alot less money then Google and I don't think they could afford that.We can hope though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody has released official pricing yet. RIM would have done enough market research though to k...The launch is the 30th & rumor has it that it will start selling a couple weeks later. I'm hoping that they're just saying that & when they announce it that finally a company does what I've been saying for a long time to do & announce it & then say at the end of the presentation handsets are available at all your local providers & go on sale (looks at his watch) NOW!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey guys just read something very interesting about BB10. It looks like $700 could very well be the price of the first couple devices released, which I'm sure Koodo will not be getting if they indeed are that price. Here's the thing though, RIM will be releasing around 6 different BB10 devices in 2013 with the first couple being high end devices & the latter being mid & low level devices which seems more like Koodos cup of tea. So to me it's looking like Koodo may very well be getting BB10 devices especially considering they are both Canadian companies, but unfortunately I think they won't be a part of the initial launch. Let's all hope I'm wrong & we do see the high end devices at launch (fingers crossed) **this last part is pure speculation on my part arrived at from the prior info above**
Hey guys just read something very interesting about BB10. It looks like $700 could very well be t...http://m.intomobile.com/2013/01/09/rim-expects-launch-six-blackberry-10-devices-year/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IntoMobile+%28IntoMobile%29
Userlevel 2
Hey guys just read something very interesting about BB10. It looks like $700 could very well be t...The 6 devices are apparently... 1) High End Full Touch (Z10) 2) High End QWERTY (N-Series) 3) Low/Mid Full Touch (similar to the curve line) 4) Low/Mid QWERTY (similar to curve line) 5) 7" Playbook 2 Tablet 6) 10" Playbook 2 Tablet Makes sense imo. Not really 'new' news. More or less the same strategy RIM has today. Also, the $700 price that's floating around is from a giveaway that cites the retail price of a z10. For contests of this nature, it's standard practice that tax is included in this calculation, which makes the retail $609. $599 outright sounds about right.
Hey guys just read something very interesting about BB10. It looks like $700 could very well be t...It is in the sense that it's the closest to any pricing I've seen yet.
Hey guys just read something very interesting about BB10. It looks like $700 could very well be t...That and Samsung is releasing another version of the SII because they're insane... but I digress.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey guys just read something very interesting about BB10. It looks like $700 could very well be t...That would completely make sense but I'm not sure about the tablets, I think they will just update the software in the original play book for year 1 & we will see 2 high end devices at launch then released in February. Then 2 mid and 2 low level devices in the following months after that. *side note : The Z10 is the L series or Laguna *
Hey guys just read something very interesting about BB10. It looks like $700 could very well be t...I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that Koodo won't be getting it if it's a high-end device. Koodo is presently carrying the iPhone, which retails for $670, $520 after tab. Furthermore Apple actually charges carriers to sell their devices. The only reason they are held hostage to these tactics is because of the high demand for them. Carriers would like nothing more than to see another strong OS in their lineup which doesn't cut into their margin like Apple products do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey guys just read something very interesting about BB10. It looks like $700 could very well be t...Ya but there is no cheaper option of the iPhone (yet anyways) so they carry it, but the BB10 devices are going to be available in lower end / cheaper models that koodo could carry if they choose to carry BlackBerry 10 this year.