Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Need a non blackberry-non iPhone type of phone ....

Hello, I have a blackberry curve, I dropped it the other day and now my screen won't work. I'm on the hunt for a new phone. I'm looking for an android - less than $ 300. Only talk and text, picture usage and some apps. I don't use my wifi too much. So mainly a phone for talk and text. I'm not interested in the IPhone or blackberry. Thank you!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
For your usage, the moto g is the perfect phone for you and it is actually quite a high end device. It is 150 outright on postpaid or free on tab s 🙂
Userlevel 6
Daniel Kim wrote:

For your usage, the moto g is the perfect phone for you and it is actually quite a high end devic...

Can't agree more! Many users are Moto G converts Marcia, and satisfied ones at that!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'll suggest the above too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also look for something second hand through kijiji or Craig's list if the Moto G doesn't tickle your fancy although it really should as its an amazing phone for the price and only phone I'd promote in that price range as it can keep up pretty darn well with even my $800 Android devices. If you do go the second hand route just make sure the ozone hasn't been reported stolen or lost.
Thanks so much for the advice guys I appreciate it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And whatever you do, avoid any cheap Samsung phone like the plague!
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

And whatever you do, avoid any cheap Samsung phone like the plague!

I hope Koodo doesn't carry the Ace 3...
Userlevel 7
I gave my friend my Moto G and her aunt wanted to trade her S3 for it haha. Awesome phone for a low-end price
Thanks everyone, for taking the time to respond. I have bought the moto g and so far I love it! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Userlevel 7
Marcia Bacchus wrote:

Thanks everyone, for taking the time to respond. I have bought the moto g and so far I love it! K...

Awesome 🙂, the moto g is a great phone!