Koodo Community

Community

Solved

!Native Android Problem! after my update Q10 v. 10.2.1.537

Userlevel 1
Hi, I made the new update this week on my Q10. The version 10.2.1.537 and it look to broke the native android apps, ... I cannot open any android apps that we can download from the BB world like: - Skype - Koodo self-service - Remember the Milk - and all others and it look to not install my FM Radio like the news ? thanks

19 replies

Userlevel 7
There's a known issue... Here's an article Having issues with your Android Runtime not working after the 10.2.1 update? Read this! http://www.crackberry.com/having-issues-your-android-runtime-not-working-after-1021-update-read
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

There's a known issue... Here's an article Having issues with your Android Runtime not working...

Limited to Q10 or across the board?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

There's a known issue... Here's an article Having issues with your Android Runtime not working...

I don't know the answer to that.
Chad Burr wrote:

z10 and q10 ... same problem on my Z10 with telus
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Read this entire thread Erik. If you have a backup restore it and then retry the update. If you don't have a backup you can try using BlackBerry Link to reload the current firmware which may solve your problem.
Chad Burr wrote:

Already fixed it, just side load the new Android runtime, take a 2 minutes, find them at crackberry... then restart device. no backup or reinstall required
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

I resolve it by reloading the update, need to backup before .. 🙂 http://alturl.com/usvm2
Your radio would be in the music app. As for Android apps try deleting them and reinstall. For native BBM apps try a battery pull.
Userlevel 1
tshooz wrote:

Your radio would be in the music app. As for Android apps try deleting them and reinstall. For na...

I try to uninstall skype and the problem come with a "native android" apps it can't run any android apps
tshooz wrote:

Your radio would be in the music app. As for Android apps try deleting them and reinstall. For na...

Where did you install Skype from, BlackBerry World or other?
Userlevel 1
tshooz wrote:

yes, Skype came with the device and others are downloadable on the BB World like Koodo Self service it's an android app
Userlevel 7
tshooz wrote:

I've been doing some research and it would appear you're just going to have to wait for bb to fix this issue. They are aware of it so you'll just have to be patient. Shouldn't take too long.
Userlevel 7
tshooz wrote:

Tshooz, the radio app is a feature that only arrived with 10.2.1 it's a new feature.
Userlevel 1
tshooz wrote:

Ok 😞 thanks.. I didn't find anything good on google too 🙂 It's always the same.. got different problems on every update on my Q10, others was better 😛 but the Os 10 Rock lol 🙂 And I found the fm radio inside my music player 🙂 I'll post upgrade when I will get some
tshooz wrote:

It's ashamed that we are seeing issues with the official release. I think the mass roll out was a bad idea. We didn't see this many for those of us running the leaked version. I believe the Koodo app is native BB app while Skype is an Android port. I hope my signal issue gets resolved soon or I'll be converting back to a leaked version where i had no issues. Glad you found your FM radio. Unfortunately us Z10 owners can't get it 😢
Userlevel 7
tshooz wrote:

The rollout is staggered and not a mass roll out. Should be completed by the end of February. The Koodo App is an Android Port
Userlevel 1
I resolve it by reloading the update, need to backup before .. 🙂 http://alturl.com/usvm2
FrédéricGagnon wrote:

That article is for BBOS devices, and not for BB10 devices.
Userlevel 1
FrédéricGagnon wrote:

Don't matter, you CANT make the update again, if you don't do these step! They Keep this method 🙂