Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Name Display?

Does Koodo also have name display now like TELUS? If not, when will it happen?

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes they will! It's a new feature coming progressively in the following months.
Robert wrote:

Any updates on this as it applies to Southern Ontario? Thanks!
Robert wrote:

How do you know that? When I called Koodo and te supervisor spoke to me he said he doesn't think this will be added any time soon seeing Koodo has been out for a decade? I am just curious how you got your info from?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I'm not sure what the confusion is here? The chat appears for some cusomters while it doesn't for some others but it does work.
Robert wrote:

Yes, sometimes it does but sometimes it doesn't. Like sometimes I don't have someone on my contact and they call me, I get to see their name? How is that possible if Koodo doesn't offer this feature? I know most the times it just shows the number only if they aren't on the contacts list but sometimes they do? Why is that
Userlevel 6
This is next level. Will Koodo charge extra for this or will it be included?
This will be a huge selling feature for Koodo home phone 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

It will be added to all plans with call display, even legacy plans. It is worth noting that, at least at this time, this will only affect incoming calls, not outgoing ones.
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

@Timo: thank you for the info, that's interesting. Hopefully they'll make it for outgoing calls as well, and hopefully subscribers will have the option of displaying their name on outbound calls or displaying phone number only...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

Outgoing calls will get it as well, just incoming are getting the "update" first. And yes, you can restrict having your name go out if you don't want it to.
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

Ok good. This is certainly a nice feature. Thank you for the info Allan!
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

How do I block my name from being delivered?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

That isn't a feature yet. Currently Koodo is only doing incoming call display. When outgoing call display is rolled out, there will be an option to block your name.
Currently though, you can add the "Call Display Restrict" add-on via self serve
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

OK, that seems to be splitting hairs a bit. If I call a Koodo user from my Koodo phone my outgoing is his incoming. Is my name displayed or not. The name on the account is NOT my name, but I'm the only one that uses the phone.
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

I don't think I want to add "Call Display Restrict". First of all I can't find it in the self serve area. Second, I'm guessing that the user receiving my call will then show Call Restricted or Unknown Name/Unknown Number. Nobody will answer those type of calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

Koodo numbers display as Unknown Name. They have no outgoing caller id's.
With this current feature, Koodo is allowing you to view on your phone incoming caller id's.
When the second round of this feature comes out, you will receive an outgoing caller id and no longer appear as unknown name/number.
When it comes out you will be able to select the name you want to be displayed afaik.
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

OK, that seems to make more sense. Thanks.

Userlevel 4
titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

@Richard

If you add Call Display Restrict no one is going to see you on the phones even your friends because phones rely on displayed numbers to be matched with numbers and names  stored on the phone.

There is another way to do that selectively whenever you call someone. There is a *67 you put before the number you are going to dial or on Galaxy s4 for example you can go to my device, call, more settings and caller ID and temporary restrict it. 

titaniumtux wrote:

This will be a huge ...

Thanks. I think that's what I tried to say above. No one - including friends and family - will want to take my calls if I enable that option. Not that I can find it on the Self Serve Pages anyway.

I am aware of *67 dialing.

Userlevel 4
I have a question here.

Do the name display will be similar to the one that Rogers offers to its users?

For example: if someone calls me that I know but didn't save his or her phone number on my phone is it going to show it? Or let say if there is a business call will it display for example the name of the business. Or your doctor referred you to someone else so when they call,  you will see the clinic name. I could give many more examples here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

I have a question here.

Do the name display will be similar to the one that Rogers offers to it...

Yes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

I have a question here.

Yes, all of that. It will display the name people or companies are using on their account, and if they choose to withhold the name, it will just display the number. Pretty standard at that 🙂
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

I have a question here.

This is great news. I am excited about it as much as for VoLTE ( need more patience for that). I am even more excited that we won't have to pay extra.