Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My wife's phone is currently in my name. I need to add her to the account so she can upgrade her phone. How do I proceed?

35 replies

Userlevel 6
You mean you have 2 koodo phones on one account under your own name? If that's the case just go online on the koodo site and change the name from yours to hers on the phone that she has.
Thanks Rudy, there is actually 1 phone and we want both our names on the account.
Scott, it doesn't matter the name that is attached to the phone. Since the account is under your name, you will need to be there for the phone to be upgraded as it requires the account owner's signature.
So you're saying it is not possible to have the account jointly under both?
With my Rogers phone, both our names are attached to the account so my wife can make changes as well.
Scott wrote:

With my Rogers phone, both our names are attached to the account so my wife can make changes as w...

Your wife can call and make changes as long as she has the pin(and verifies the account correctly). The only things she cannot do is upgrade the phone without you there, suspend the service or cancel the service.
Scott wrote:

With my Rogers phone, both our names are attached to the account so my wife can make changes as w...

Thanks!
Scott wrote:

Just an FYI, you can have two account signatories on one account, but you have to call Koodo to make the change. Not something you can do on self serve.
Scott wrote:

You can do changes on Self Serve when there's more than one number.
Scott wrote:

how? - been trying to do that and I just go around in circles - crappy user interface!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Scott wrote:

What are you trying o do?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Since the Credit Information on the account is yours, and you are the account holder, things like Cancelling or Upgrading phone can be only performed by the account holder, the store will require photo ID so that is why you will have to go there unless you do it online... As said before, your wife's name can be in the account as a user, with the correct PIN she will have access to the account to make changes to it like modifying plan, inquiring about bills, etc...
Actually Camillo, the Koodo rep added my wife without issue. He told me that she can go in and upgrade her the phone by herself. sign for it, etc. I asked him specifically if I needed to be present for her to complete this and he said I did not.
I guess we'll find out today when she goes to try......
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Scott, if you are the main name on the account you can call in to add your wife's name to that number on the account for her to makes changes to her line. Ex. My family's account is under my Name so I can make changes to everyone's number. My mom has her name tied to her number so she can make changes to her number only. Note that billing is dealt with at the account level and not the phone number level. This helps since I am in Edmonton and my mom is in Winnipeg. Isn't unlimited canada wide family calling great!
Dennis wrote:

Scott, if you are the main name on the account you can call in to add your wife's name to that nu...

You do realize that adding another name to the account doesn't really do anything right? Every caller must provide the pin. Even if your wife's name is on the account, she won't be able to verify the account without the pin.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Scott, if you are the main name on the account you can call in to add your wife's name to that nu...

Hmm.... weird. They never stopped my mom. And she doesnt even know the PIN. they just check her photo ID. Ya an official ruling on this would be good
So it's settled. The account was originally set up based on my credit. I phoned and had my wife's name add as a co-account holder this morning. She went in (with the PIN of course) and upgraded to an Iphone from her blackberry. I never received a call so...........
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Would be nice if we can get an official ruling on this, since I'm pretty sure there's still a policy against it and Scott just lucked out.
Userlevel 6
Hi Scott, the account owner is indeed, and normally, the only one that can upgrade a phone in store. Can you tell us which store it was? We would like to make sure that this policy is followed. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 2
before she upgraded both of you should have visited a KOODO shop where the rep can verify her photo ID and put her name/birthdate on a NOTE on the account stating she is allowed to make changes to her phone only (upgrade). Scott, you guys are lucky that she got to upgrade without you being there. Koodo needs to have both of you guys there in order to make the note on the account saying she has access to upgrade her phone. In-store Koodo Reps never use the PIN # for anything. That is strictly for customer service purposes. If there was absoutley no way you could make it to the Koodo Shop with her, then calling customer service to put a note on the account with HER ID information, then have the rep at the store verify her info would be another option...
Arika wrote:

before she upgraded both of you should have visited a KOODO shop where the rep can verify her pho...

Incorrect. The account owner must be there. Having a simple note on the account is not sufficient nor has it ever been. Me thinks you need to review your own procedures before giving out incorrect information if you're claiming to be a Koodo rep.
Userlevel 2
Arika wrote:

before she upgraded both of you should have visited a KOODO shop where the rep can verify her pho...

Or you can have her role changed to account administrator as well. then she can make all the cahnges necessary.
Arika wrote:

There can only be 1 account administrator, that's the account owner. Everyone else requires the security pin in order to be able to make any changes(with the exception of upgrading the phone, canceling the account and suspending/resuming the account/line. Really questioning your bit about being a Koodo Rep at this point...
Userlevel 6
Arika wrote:

Hi Arika, Sherlock is right! Furthermore, before your post, I had just confirmed that only the account owner (who can't be modified unless a transfer of ownership is done) can upgrade/purchase a phone in Koodo stores. Thank you!