Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My q10 keyboard light isn't working. Is there a way of fixing it without taking it in for repair?

10 replies

Userlevel 3
You may have to speak with Blackberry. Koodo doesn't regulate the hardware. We're the "middle guys". Only thing we would suggest is to send it in for repair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you check the settings and make sure you didn't accidentally turn off the keyboard back light. Check under keyboard or display sections for a setting.
Not sure if you can do that in setting or I just can't figure it out
Userlevel 2
There isn't an option in settings to turn on/off the keyboard backlight, it's controlled by an ambient sensor. If the keyboard backlight isn't coming on even while in the dark, the sensor might be broken. Just call Koodo and have them facilitate a repair/swap. If Koodo works the same way as Rogers, they'll just send you a replacement device in the mail with a prepaid UPS/FedEx box to send the old one back. Quick & simple.
Userlevel 4
mattjs wrote:

There isn't an option in settings to turn on/off the keyboard backlight, it's controlled by an am...

That would be a Priority Replacement which has a fee of $25
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

There isn't an option in settings to turn on/off the keyboard backlight, it's controlled by an am...

Sucks that Koodo is charging $25 for this. Rogers started charging for it as well recently, but my experience is that you can usually get it waived.
Userlevel 4
mattjs wrote:

Very true. It comes down to the agent and the account history. Physical location of the customer plays a role as well, expecially if they live in a rural area.
mattjs wrote:

I want a Swap for my BlackBerry Q10 it's having keypad light issue. How do go about it am from Nigeria
Userlevel 4
mattjs wrote:

Hi Sunday! We don't offer repair options for when you are overseas. Your warranty can only be used while you are in Canada. Here is more information on the manufacturer's warranty just in case: http://koo.do/Kwarranty :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well you could always do the repair yourself. If it's broken there's just no way around it.