Koodo Community
Question

Mobile Self-Serve and Data Usage

• 29 June 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Since the mobile app is soon to be discontinuted, what are the chances that Koodo will not count traffic to the self-serve mobile webiste against our data caps.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Tim,

That would be complicated wouldn't it? I think the app was good for that, but putting a specific site to not count as data would be impossible with my knowledge in mobile internet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Tim,

That would be complicated wouldn't it? I think the app was good for that, but putting...
Not impossible. We do have a limited number of "whitelisted" pages Robert.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Our self serve site is zero rated Tim. So using just that will not generate any charges or count against your bucketed data amount for the month. You will see data flow through though but that's about it. 
Userlevel 6
Our self serve site is zero rated Tim. So using just that will not generate any charges or count ...This is with any browser on a Koodo smartphone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Our self serve site is zero rated Tim. So using just that will not generate any charges or count ...Yes. Browser type bshould not make a difference at all.
Our self serve site is zero rated Tim. So using just that will not generate any charges or count ...Unless you are using a VPN, in which case Koodo won't see that you are on their website.
Fido's app just got a redesign, and Koodo is getting rid of the app.