Koodo Community

Community

Solved

MMS stopped working.Can't send or receive pictures. Please help.

So I have had my BlackBerry Z10 since March and only now am I having a problem. I can not receive or send picture messages. I do have data and unlimited MMS and text. I have restarted my phone at least 10 times, taken out the SIM card about 4 times, and tried unconnecting and reconnecting my service and data stuff, around 3-5 times. A message comes up under the picture that won't send is "General Problems". It is starting to drive me nuts. I have to wait till I can call Koodo, but is there anything I can do to try and fix it besides what I have already tried?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have your data connection on when trying to send or receive picture messages (mms)? Check your APN settings as well that they are those of Koodo's.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Do you have your data connection on when trying to send or receive picture messages (mms)? Chec...

Can you browse Internet?Turn off firewall if it's turned on.

Do you have your data connection on when trying to send or receive picture messages (mms)? Chec...

The APN settings are all in gray. I have never touched them before. And I have tried with my data on and my data off. And I also have no problem using my internet when I have my data on. So I am very stuck. I think I am going to have to call tech now. Thank you very much for trying to help me.
Userlevel 1

Same issue happened to one of my friends, he got also his APN grayed out, what he did to fix it is installing software from http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rs-yet-772451/ that helped him to save the new APN settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your link is broken.
Userlevel 1

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/fix-not-able-change-apn-settings-factory-unlocked-device-774407/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That thread states several times that the fix makes no difference to the apn settings being grayed out.
Userlevel 1

Blackberry forum posters are complaining about same issue http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/APN-Settings-greyed-out-this-is-really-disappointing/td-p/2212587
Is this happening when you try to send a picture shot Camera ? Because i heard that is an issue with Z10. Anyway there is no other thing to do that you did not (if you checked obviously what was posted above). Now you have just to call Koodo Tech support. Good Luck.