Koodo Community

Community

Solved

MMS not working: Blackberry Curve 9320

My blackberry curve 9320 is neither sending nor receiving picture (MMS) messages. The research I've done said to click the text messages icon, press the menu key, and then select options. Apparently this section should have an MMS section, but that does not appear on my phone. All that shows up are "General Text Messaging Options" and "SMS." I have unlimited SMS and MMS on my phone plan. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Please help if you can!

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have data enabled, it needs to be on to be abke to send mms on Koodo's network.
I believe I do have data enabled. I can receive email messages and have browser service.
Userlevel 7
I do belive that it had to be carrier enabled for the Curve and I don't think it is on Koodo phones which might be why you don't see it. Is there an option to share pictures via text?
No, just through email, Facebook, or Bluetooth. Could you please elaborate on what you meant by "carrier enabled?"
Userlevel 7
new to blackberry wrote:

No, just through email, Facebook, or Bluetooth. Could you please elaborate on what you meant by...

Some carriers allowed mms and others did not. This is an older BlackBerry and I don't think MMS was enabled for koodo. I could be wrong. This is just how I remember it.
Userlevel 2
new to blackberry wrote:

No, just through email, Facebook, or Bluetooth. Could you please elaborate on what you meant by...

Sorry Chad, but the blackberry curve 9320 is MMS enabled. It should work!
Userlevel 7
new to blackberry wrote:

Is this a Koodo BlackBerry?
new to blackberry wrote:

Unfortunately it doesn't work, though. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated
Userlevel 2
Userlevel 7
Userlevel 2
Okay, followed all of your suggestions. Data services is on. I have the CAN Talk & Text 300+ Min $40 plan, which includes pay-per-use data. There is no data block on my account, and both reps that I talked to insisted that I should be able to send and receive picture messages
Userlevel 7
Go into self serve and add the BlackBerry data saver access add on. It's free. Right now you probably don't have the access to BIS which you need.
The rep who sold me the blackberry set up this plan. Is it possible that she made a mistake by not giving me the blackberry version of the plan?
Userlevel 2
Note: To access pay-per-use Data Saver on the BlackBerry Curve and Bold smartphones, manually add the Data Saver BlackBerry Access add-on. How bad, go to self-serve and add it yourself. I's free. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
You were right, it was no selected as an add-on. Thanks! Hopefully it will work soon
*not
Userlevel 7
new to blackberry wrote:

*not

Make sure to do a full restart / battery pull. You may also need to register the BlackBerry again. Btw keep in mind that you are enabling data by doing this. If you don't want to be charged for lots of data make sure you turn data off when you're not actively using it. You can do that under the network connections settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
new to blackberry wrote:

*not

It's a blackberry curve. With the level of data compression on these phones, a LOT of data is probably stretching it a tad. It will certainly use more than it has been though.
I was told that the data charges would only apply when I was not connected to a wireless network. Is that still the case?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
new to blackberry wrote:

I was told that the data charges would only apply when I was not connected to a wireless network....

yes.
new to blackberry wrote:

I was told that the data charges would only apply when I was not connected to a wireless network....

So in theory, I could just turn it on and off depending on whether i'm connected to a wireless network?
Userlevel 7
new to blackberry wrote:

Timo is correct again
new to blackberry wrote:

Excellent. Thank-you guys