Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Looking for the Z10

I have checked with a # of Koodo locations and none have the Z10 available, with now info on when they will get it. Does Koodo have any z10's left? How can I find out (other than phoning each location). Why the Fuk can't I order/pre-order one online? They don't seem to be making much of an effort to have these phones available

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Your only course of action is to call the stores regularly and asking them to find out. Each stores receives their shipments at different times and days. Koodo just decided not to do pre-orders. This i actually a very fair method if you think about it. It only sucks when you can't actually get one and then people complain Koodo kiosks know up to one day in advance if they're receiving a shipment (or so I've been told). So that can help you when you ask.
Userlevel 7
it's possible they are sold out. this was a gamble for BB and for Koodo so I'm sure they didn't want to getstuck with a phone none wanted. I'm sure they will replenish their stock asap
Userlevel 1
Koodo is not the only one sold out temporarily. I checked with the other providers and they have issues too. Looks like Blackberry found its groove again? I'm sure in a couple of weeks demand will subside and you can get your phone. If you can't wait get on on kijiji.
Thanks for the reply. Just think there should be an easier way to check availablity (e.g. online), other than have to keep calling all the stores. Cheers
Userlevel 7
RoryC wrote:

Koodo is not the only one sold out temporarily. I checked with the other providers and they have ...

Best launch they've had in history. That is DEFINITELY saying something. Android should be careful, as well as iOS
It's probably a ploy by Telus (the parent company) to frustrate you. Telus wants you to sign up with them and not Kodoo. They only created Kodoo to keep the other sharks from feeding on everything at the bottom (and to keep the regulators at bay). Based on that strategy, I'm sure Telus has lots of Z10's available. I too am a little frustrated, as I was going to take my first plunge into a monthly talks and data plan, and Kodoo was my first choice. If Koodo doesn't stock up soon, I think I'll just sign up with Bell, since I already have a well rounded bundle of services with them.
Userlevel 7
gordo C wrote:

It's probably a ploy by Telus (the parent company) to frustrate you. Telus wants you to sign up w...

Except that even most Telus' are out as well, if not all. So that can't be true.
Userlevel 7
http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/please_read_this_immediately_if_you_want_a_blackberry_z10_by_tomorrow