Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Looking for some assistance

I am wanting to bring my Blackberry Classic into my current Koodo tab/plan. I am wondering if the current tab I have right now will have to be paid off, if it can be carried over with the Blackberry on it, as well as if the plan is going to stay the same.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just pop your SIM Card out of your old phone and into the new one if it fits and away you go nothing changes with your billing or plan or anything. Keep in mind that your new phone will need to be unlocked to work on Koodo. If your new phone takes a different size SIM Card then you'll have to purchase one from your local Koodo kiosk, then activate it through your self serve.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just pop your SIM Card out of your old phone and into the new one if it fits and away you go noth...

Once I do that, does the plan and such change?
Userlevel 7
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just pop your SIM Card out of your old phone and into the new one if it fits and away you go noth...

No, nothing changes. And if your device is from telus then you don't even have to unlock it.
Userlevel 7
Wait, which BlackBerry are you using right now? If it's a legacy BB (OS 7 or earlier), any unlimited social networking or BBM/Email add ons don't work anymore and will use a "regular" data plan so you'd probably want to change it. If you have any BB 10 device, then you'll just continue on like normal.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Wait, which BlackBerry are you using right now? If it's a legacy BB (OS 7 or earlier), any unlimi...

Good catch I missed that this is an upgrade
It will be the Blackberry Classic, the one that was just released. I am getting an updated one from work, and would like to have it on Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jon MacDougall wrote:

It will be the Blackberry Classic, the one that was just released. I am getting an updated one fr...

Which phone were you using before the BlackBerry Classic?
Jon MacDougall wrote:

It will be the Blackberry Classic, the one that was just released. I am getting an updated one fr...

A Samsung Galaxy S4, for work, they're upgrading to Blackberry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jon MacDougall wrote:

Ok then yeah nothing will change with your plan just pop in the SIM Card and away you go you don't need to do anything special.
Userlevel 7
Jon MacDougall wrote:

And that's the phone you're currently using with koodo?
Jon MacDougall wrote:

Well thank you for the assistance, Paul. You've been a godsend, good sir. Will the data have to be "reset" at the Koodo store?
Jon MacDougall wrote:

Yes, I am currently using the Samsung Galaxy S4, with Koodo.