Koodo Community

Community

Let Koodo customers help pick phones that Koodo carries.

Based on feedback from customers, Koodo could put together a list that customers could vote on which helps to decide what phones Koodo might carry. For example, there are a number of Windows 8 phones out, but the majority of the Koodo community might only want a certain phone from the lineup. This could be due to reviews about the phone, the affordability compared to others, etc. Allowing customers to help pick some of Koodo's phone lineup can help them carry phones Koodo customers actually want. This makes everyone happy (customers that have a phone they actually want and Koodo doesn't have a huge inventory left over of phones customers don't want).

9 replies

It's not as simple as that. A lot of it depends on demand as well as cost of phones. I haven't seen much demand for Windows 8 phones. I see more demand for higher end Android phones. At the end of the day, Koodo has to weigh the costs of high end phones. There have been exceptions like the S3 because there was a big demand. The best way customers can help Koodo is by showing enough demand for a specific phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

It's not as simple as that. A lot of it depends on demand as well as cost of phones. I haven't se...

But how else can we show demand for a particular phone if not by voting? If I already get the phone I really want (and Koodo doesn't carry), then I no longer care if they offer it or not. As far as high-end phones go (and not just Android), I really don't see Koodo bringing too many of them. The Galaxy S3 has sold well overall, but how's it doing on Koodo? With the iPhone, customers have the choice of a contract to offset the cost of the phone. There's no contract option for any other phone. The $150 tab doesn't help that much with top-tier phones.
Userlevel 7
Marcus Fenix wrote:

It's not as simple as that. A lot of it depends on demand as well as cost of phones. I haven't se...

But you also need to differentiate between those who would "LIKE to see Koodo carry a phone" and those who "WILL purchase the phone". If you opened up a 'vote', first of all not all customers might be Koodo customers (which isn't the problem), the problem would be people voting for a phone and just don't even get it with Koodo and then Koodo just has overstock. Or even those who vote for the heck of it with no intention of buying the phone at all. And if you left the vote to only Koodo customers, by the time Koodo even gets the phone, its more than likely something else came out that someone wants. I agree with Marcus that it probably isn't 'as simple as that'. Could be a very costly mistake
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo already does this, how do you think they got the Galaxy S3. If enough customers ask for a phone Koodo will do what it can to get that phone if it's possible. This is also why Koodo is getting a WP8 device & possibly why they are carrying BB10 devices
There's no formalized process for it. Sure lots of people asked for it, but Koodo can take the bull by the horns and make a process for it. In regards to Marcus' comment, the demand would come from Koodo customers. How do you know that there is no demand, when no one has actually asked? I'm not saying customers will dictate the phones carried, but Koodo can make a short list and present it back to customers, letting Koodo make more informed decisions in what to do. How do you show demand? Easy, but presenting Koodo customers with choices to make a selection on.
Gord wrote:

There's no formalized process for it. Sure lots of people asked for it, but Koodo can take the b...

Koodo Customers can let Koodo know of a specific phone like they did with the S3. Speak out about it. Koodo isn't going to provide a list of potential phones. Customers have to be proactive if they want a specific phone to come to Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Gord wrote:

There's no formalized process for it. Sure lots of people asked for it, but Koodo can take the b...

You need to differentiate real demand vs perceived demand. How many of those customers will actually purchase the phone? How many will move on next week/month and want something else instead (this is a HUGE factor and happens a lot).
Gord wrote:

Good point Ahmad. This is a possible risk, but ultimately the company is going to add phones to its lineup anyway. And if they are, why not have customers involved in the process? In addition, the company is still going to buy what it thinks are the right phones, but it doesn't hurt reaching out to the community. People want a company who listens. Doing something like this would definitely make Koodo stick out. Keep in mind that it doesn't hold Koodo to what the community says, they can still make their decision based on research and other factors.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gord wrote:

There are way too many phones for Koodo to know what ones to even put on a list. The customers demanding a device is the best way & seems to be working great & I don't see that changing. Hell we're lucky we have a provider that listens to its customers suggestions for devices @ all.