Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo sim

Just got a koodo sim yesterday already tested my device imei and it should work but all it says is SOS, activated my plan online and got all that sorted out. The phone previously worked with bell and fido!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
What phone is it? Make sure that your network selection is set to automatic and that your phone isn't set to "use gsm" or " use 2g only". Koodo isn't compatible with those modes.
Chad Burr wrote:

What phone is it? Make sure that your network selection is set to automatic and that your phon...

Already did all that went over to then they checked the phone and it should work but didn't just tried it with a different blackberry and only says SOS and they can't give a refund they checked all the settings wind and Rogers showed up after they searched for a network
Chad Burr wrote:

What phone is it? Make sure that your network selection is set to automatic and that your phon...

It was a blackberry 8520 I took to them
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

As far as I can tell, The 8520 is a 2g only device and won't work with Koodo.
Chad Burr wrote:

Would be nice if they informed customers before making them pay then
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

And you checked the IMEI checker that koodo offers online?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Unless you went to a kiosk and started this transaction and they checked the phone for you it would've been up to you to check the IMEI using Koodo's online IMEI tool located here : http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-a.shtml If it's been under 14 days you can cancel your service or if it's prepaid you can just let it expire. Just a heads up: if it was prepaid, data and mms aren't available for pre BlackBerry 10 devices.