Koodo Community

Koodo reps are signing into your Facebook. FACT.

Are you worried for your privacy? I'll make you more worried. Go to your security on Facebook and look at active sessions. You'll find at least one session which can be traced back to a location you've never been, with the ISP Telus Communications Inc. In my case, I live in Nova Scotia and the representatives logging into my Facebook are in Ontario. My question, when did we agree that Koodo representatives were allowed to sign into our Facebooks?

64 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your cell phone ever? Koodo, in this instance, is your ISP and it is located in Ontario How would Koodo get your FB password? Ever check out your IP for your home computer? It reports as whatever city your ISP is located in, not your house. If you feel your password has been compromised, change it. But koodo doesn't have access to that data without a court order.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Whoa! Hold up. How do you know it was a Koodo rep and not someone else who has hacked your account or obtained your password. Change your password and make sure you update youe security setting to ensure you get notified of every login to be safe. Your facebook security is your responsibility. I see no value of Koodo hacking your facebook
Whoa! Hold up. How do you know it was a Koodo rep and not someone else who has hacked your acco...I know it is a Koodo Rep because I have asked all of my friends who are signed through Koodo and Telus to view this information, as well as other networks, only those through Koodo and Telus have these sessions in view. None of the others. It displays that they're using the same phone as me, and my password is 32 random characters, nobody is hacking that booboo. I'm safe with everything, I know what I'm doing as do other people who have analyzed this problem. http://postimg.org/image/vmbkmpw9j/ http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/TACE We ALL have this in common. Coinciedence? I think not. I'm too smart to think that.
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...That information sounds valid and all, but the only people having this appear who I've been able to find are those through Koodo and Telus communications... And it's not hard for a service provider to get said details, when all your data goes through them, and they sold you your hardware
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...Chad is right. I am usually on wifi and fb has my Edmonton location. When I log in through my 3G data it says the Koodo location which is not in Edmonton. Koodo is in no way logging onto your fb. It is only the source of the location of your data connection. If you never log into to your phone after you did it the first time you will notice it never pops up again as a separate login by Koodo. That is because it is you loggin in. Only when you are logged into fb and using it on your phone on cellular data does it show up as the Ontario location
Whoa! Hold up. How do you know it was a Koodo rep and not someone else who has hacked your acco...From what I know of call centers, although your information is available on the screen that the agents close the page and no longer pay attention to it. - just worry about the next call coming in. Also, from what I understand about call centers, it is fireable to take any customers information from the building. If you believe that you know who is hacking your account then you may want to speak with the police about it.
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...I'd find your information more convincing, if the last time I was on my data network, was the last time it had reported that session. Not saying I think you're intentionally feeding me false information, but the last time I connected on Data was today, the last report of that device connecting is over a week past, making it questionable. On top of that, when I clear those sessions from my Facebook account and reconnect via data connection, they don't reappear. They should, providing that IS the case..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...Its exactly what Chad said and nothing to worry about did you ever enter a contest on facebook from koodo? That's where the link is probably coming from and you would have gave permission for the action. It's noting to worry about especially since your not holding government secrets are you? Your probably just a normal person like me so why would koodo even care what your writing on your FB account, don't worry about it and go back into your hole white rabbit
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...@CAJames, it appears on mine like clockwork. Strange Seriously to be safe I would change your password but I have not experienced this at all. I would say post a screen shot but I dont think it would help as I have not experienced this
Userlevel 5
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...Worry about the NSA not koodo. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...and it's even more likely someone who is using a telus line has connected to your account instead of Telus/Koodo themselves
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...Go back into my hole white rabbit? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to respond to that... I really want to believe you, but I'm connected via data connection, and it's not adding the other session to my Facebook. Regardless if I have GOV'T secrets, I have data which would be of value, none of your business or a Koodo Rep's business either. Back to the topic at hand, I had signed up one time for some sort of contest on a previous device but that's it. And as for it being my data, I'm connected via data right now, so it should be reading another "Ontario" session, even though it's reading another "TownName, NS" session as I would normally expect. Meaning the contest thing IS possible, but I don't think all my friends do contests as well... Either way, I'm clearly not finding an actual answer here so I'll go ask some people from the internet and I will deliver their findings to the appropriate places. Thanks for dancing around the point, I wasn't expecting a concrete answer here anyway
Userlevel 3
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...WEll if you do find anything out, post it here as I'm pretty curious
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...@Boolanger, if it's nothing tied into massive conspiracy, I'll share it right here. If not, it'll be easy to find it anyway. Anon has a massive network, and if they think I've found an entry to privacy and cell-phone debate, you'll surely hear about it once a raid has been completed if you follow Anon anywhere.
Hi Charles, welcome to the community Koodo hq is in Ontario, Log into Facebook on your c...I agree with Chad - if you believe that anybody is in your account, change your password - make it more secure, numbers, letter, upper and lower case
Userlevel 7
This is an extreme accusation with no basis other than "Who else could it be?" and if that's all you have to pretty much say or show than this thread is nothing but trolling.
Userlevel 1
This is an extreme accusation with no basis other than "Who else could it be?" and if that's all ...Aww...you beat me to it 😞 hahaha
This is an extreme accusation with no basis other than "Who else could it be?" and if that's all ...I'm asking this question out of good will to some friends I have who feel like their privacy is being invaded, and with somewhat good reason because that's the purpose of that page on Facebook, let you know when strangers connect. I'm trying to find them a sensible solution through the support page here, IF that is possible. But combining what I learn here with what my Facebook is telling me, I'm really coming up with nothing helpful other than "koodo doesn't have access to that data without a court order. " and lack of a court order has never stopped the police from voiding my rights and giving out personal information in the past if they felt like it would help them. Also, thanks to all for the fast replies, this is better than calling support
Userlevel 3
So I took a look a my FB activity and there is a 2 sessions from Toronto on a Win 8 machine using IE. Definitely not any machine I've ever used. Both session where from the same IP as you listed above. 207.219.69.231 207.219.69.140 When I did a search for the IP came up with the below Domain Name: TELUS.COM Registrar: MARKMONITOR INC. Whois Server: whois.markmonitor.com Referral URL: http://www.markmonitor.com Name Server: DNS1.CIDC.TELUS.COM Name Server: DNS2.CIDC.TELUS.COM That's all I got. Definitely is weird
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What exactly is Koodo doing while there? Surely your pictures of your kids and pets and dinner can't be that exciting that a large telecom feels the need to spy on when you last went fishing. Or maybe take control of your pc and activate your webcam. Change your password and... hey put down that coffee mug when you're reading my response.
What exactly is Koodo doing while there? Surely your pictures of your kids and pets and dinner ca... It's actually Green Tea, I'm not putting it down, or my metabolism is taking a hit. (; It's just the feeling of being invaded. If I'm not posting it for everyone to see on Facebook, I'm hiding it from someone. And in all honestly, the law doesn't like my kind so I've got to stay on-edge or I could lose everything, not that it's anyone's business..
Userlevel 1
I think it's a fair concern on behalf of the op. I can't contribute much to the conversation as I don't have facebook on my phone. I only use an alias account on facebook for certain purposes (like logging in here), but again I think it's a fair question. I also don't agree with the tactic of mockingly questioning what interest Koodo or anybody else would have in viewing such seemingly extraneous information. Nobody here can answer that if it were the case, but there have been invasions of privacy in the past that would've seemed equally as extraneous. I'm not suggesting that I necessarily think anything untoward is actually happening here, and I think the answer is probably along the lines of the explanations people have offered, but you can't give large companies too much credit. They do silly, seedy things at times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just checked my security log. No suspicious activity.
Userlevel 5
I can't find anything suspicious on my logs either.
Nor mine. If you are THAT worried about your security, change your password and increase the security. You can also report the activity to Facebook and they can investigate this.