Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo/Balackberry

How come Koodo is now only selling the Q5 Blackberry and no others?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
They did sell the Z10 and Q10 but the demand really wasn't there and then devices were overpriced. Sent from my Koodo Z10
Chad Burr wrote:

They did sell the Z10 and Q10 but the demand really wasn't there and then devices were overpriced...

That, and in my personal opinion, the Blackberry phones aren't really up to the same standard that they used to be, or compared to competing phones. BlackBerry is best at their enterprise infrastructure for security, but as phones for the everyday person, not a good pick.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

They did sell the Z10 and Q10 but the demand really wasn't there and then devices were overpriced...

I disagree. The new BlackBerry OS is very easy to use, the specs are in line with current offerings for a midrange device. And as it evolves it's becoming more and more social. It's extremely efficient as a communication tool because it doesn't get in my way
Chad Burr wrote:

When it takes an everyday phone user 5 minutes to figure out how to navigate a phone, then that phone was poorly designed.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

It's a new os. You'll need to spend some time with any new device to learn to operate it efficiently. Just because I drive my truck efficiently doesn't mean I can get behind the wheel of another truck and be just as efficient out of the box.
Chad Burr wrote:

Hell, I always say it takes about a month to really get used to a new phone/OS. Someone dealing with iOS for 3 years, who switches to Android isn't going to get everything in 5 minutes alone(Nobody will), it takes time to learn the quirks, ins/outs, etc. I've just never liked BlackBerry phones. I don't find them appealing, actually I find lots of them to be quite ugly(especially ones with physical keyboards). Call me biased, but I'm Android all the way
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

RedMage, have you used a BlackBerry 10 device? If so, how long