Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Keyboard buttons broke and can't enter in password

A few buttons on my blackberry key board suddenly stopped working, and they are they letters I need to be able to enter in the password. So my phone is locked and I have no way of unlocking it.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
The thing with BlackBerry is uts all about security. If you can't enter the password, you won't be able to unlock it normally. Enter the wrong password ten times and the device will security wipe. There is no way around the password lock unless you happen to have a bluetooth keyboard already paired with the device. If not. Sorry
Userlevel 3
Chad Burr wrote:

The thing with BlackBerry is uts all about security. If you can't enter the password, you won't b...

you can reset the count by connecting it to a PC and entering the password when prompted. This will not unlock the device for use just reset the password and give access to it via BB software
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

The thing with BlackBerry is uts all about security. If you can't enter the password, you won't b...

After it wipes the phone. So either do it via the keypad or by BlackBerry Link, your outcome will be the same.
Userlevel 7
The disadvantages of a hardware keyboard... Although to be fair, if a touchscreen is smashed and breaks the digitizer then that screws up the whole operation of the phone. What I recommend you do is find a repair shop around your area to see how much they charge to replace the keyboard. They shouldn't be terribly expensive.