Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is Koodo Still Charging To Unlock?

Userlevel 2
Im just curious if Koodo is still charging to unlock phones. Or are they holding out till the end (Dec 1)?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not as of Nov 9th. Pls send us a private message on Facebook if you require unlock. 
As far as it is known Koodo will be offering the free unlock starting Dec. 1st 2017
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
DPerkovic wrote:

As far as it is known Koodo will be offering the free unlock starting Dec. 1st 2017

Koodo decided/announced to unlock phones for free earlier as Bernard mentioned above.
DPerkovic wrote:

Who do I contact and how?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
DPerkovic wrote:

For what Barry? Unlocking your Koodo phone? Send us a private message on Facebook. 
I didn’t know Koodo is unlocking phone for free, but regularly it’s $50+taxes
Userlevel 6
Sagith wrote:

I didn’t know Koodo is unlocking phone for free, but regularly it’s $50+taxes

Koodo decided to implement the free unlocking that is supposed to be in December 1st sooner.
I also need my koodo phone unlocked. They are trying to charge me 10$
Jessica Gauthier wrote:

Are you a Koodo customer? You can unlock it through self serve.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/unlocking-your-phone
Userlevel 3
Jessica Gauthier wrote:

They will try charge you $10 over the phone...if you're not a customer anymore you could maybe send one of us your IMEI and we could attempt via self serve tool.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jessica Gauthier wrote:

Nope. Not for things you can't do yourself online. Unlock looks for eligibility requirements so most customers can do it online some will need to talk to ta rep.