Koodo Community
Question

Is Koodo Getting BlackBerry 10?

Hi, I have a plan with Koodo, and am pretty much in love with RIM. This being said, it's obvious I want BB10 as soon as it comes out, or possibly wait and see the other models and decide. But I *want* to have a new Blackberry before the end of this year. Will Koodo offer them? At what price? How soon (I know details don't comeout until tomorrow) but what are you thinking? If Koodo does have a phone I want, should I stay with them (I am happy with them, but I want a really good Blackberry plan, is Rogers better?)? Thanks for helping in advance!

This topic has been closed for comments

51 replies

Userlevel 7
yes, Koodo will be getting BB10. RIM is announcing these devices on the 30th so you should hear something from Koodo about a launch date within a few days after that (hopefully) as well as pricing info, etc. Until then, patience!:)
Userlevel 1
Yes. You'll find more info under the Koodo help section. Sounds like Koodo might launch the phone the same time as everyone else. http://whatsnew.koodomobile.com/2013/01/weekend-reading-a-blackberry-10-sneak-peak-a-blind-date-involving-a-lost-phone-and-a-hammer-and-five-things-you-should-never-do-with-your-smartphone/
Userlevel 6
Check their facebook page. It looks like they are doing something next week when the BB10 is launching. I figure it willbe a contest of some sort with BB10 give aways.
Check their facebook page. It looks like they are doing something next week when the BB10 is laun...Koodo's or Rim's facebook page?
Userlevel 7
Check their facebook page. It looks like they are doing something next week when the BB10 is laun...Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RIM will be broadcasting the launch event Live, tomorrow at 10am. Follow the link to the link 😉 http://teamandroidcanada.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/rim-will-be-broadcasting-the-blackberry-10-launch-event-live-on-the-30th/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any need for a specific blackberry plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...That's the absolute best part of the whole new OS for sure. I was worried about losing my plan when I got one. We're less than 24hrs away wooowhooo
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...Won't I need a plan for BBM? And I know! We're so close!!
Userlevel 7
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...A data plan, yes. If you have one, then you're good. If not, switch your plan to one with data or add a data add-on
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...Is this just so i have data? Or is it required to let me use BBM and other possible things i may want to use? (I just cant think of what i would use atm..)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...you'll need a data plan to use everything other than calling & text messages, minus picture messages which do need data also.
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...Oh, i didn't know that.... How much data will i need?
Userlevel 7
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...Well it depends what you plan on doing with your phone... What do you plan on doing with your phone?
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...Well.... My current phone doesn't have 3g so i dont mind not having data outside of the occasional wifi. But if im getting data, I'll want enough to message on BBM and picture texts and (due to the idea of Hub,) emails and Facebook comfortably. And maybe a little more just so i can surf around when im not near wifi. But besides that I don't think that I'll use the data.
Userlevel 7
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...On a Blackberry, I'd say 200MB is more than enough for that kind of stuff.
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...:) okay thanks!
Userlevel 7
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...Np! Just use WiFi as much as possible to lower your data usage!:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...I use wifi most of the time & just use data for pretty much what you described Zalania & I have 200mb on my plan & never go over. just download things over wifi & like Ahmad said you should be fine with that amount.
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...Hmmm. Thanks... I'm just wondering if I'll be downloading anything b/c at the moment I have a 9300 and so I download themes and apps that help me cutomize my phone. With the BB10 I won't be doing that...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...You will eventually
BB10 will handle data in the same way as iphone and android devices. There will no longer be any...okay, 🙂 well thanks all of you.
Userlevel 2
Leaked internal Vodaphone (UK) docs show the z10 will be available for sale on the 30th. Not sure when Koodo will have them available, but I think it's safe to say Rogers will have them on the 30th as well. They have the longest standing carrier agreement with RIM, and I can't remember a compatible BB device that they haven't had first. Regarding price, nothing official yet, but another leaked document from Carphone warehouse (UK) shows it listed at 480 pounds. UK prices include 20% VAT, which puts the device price at 384 pounds, or 606.80CDN. Obviously I'm just speculating, but I think it's safe to say the price here will be somewhere in that neighborhood, I doubt it will be considerably higher or lower then what someone in the UK is paying for it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Leaked internal Vodaphone (UK) docs show the z10 will be available for sale on the 30th. Not...Damn You beat me to it lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-available-vodafone-uk-january-30th?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook