Koodo Community

Community

iPhone or any other phone upgrade for less!

We should be able to upgrade our "old" phone (iPhone 5) for a newer phone (iPhone 6) for free or little cost. After paying all the expensive phone bills just to have the latest/greatest gadget, we shouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg to upgrade!

7 replies

Userlevel 1
I agree! The cost to upgrade should be free or negligible. After all, it means you are going to sick around, and that's a win/win for everybody.
Userlevel 6
Wait... Most people are paying $60-$70/month plans to get their iPhones.... or about $800/year Said iPhone costs, on average, about $750 Contract/Tab lasts 2 years... So with a free upgrade, you're asking your carrier to give you a $750 device, while service over 2 years costs $1600..... Basically, you're asking for ~50% off your service costs????? o_O Now, even I, as a customer, don't agree with that! I'm all for fairness, but asking for almost 50% off is nothing remotely fair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Wait... Most people are paying $60-$70/month plans to get their iPhones.... or about $800/yea...

But, but..... "FREE!"
Userlevel 6

Wait... Most people are paying $60-$70/month plans to get their iPhones.... or about $800/yea...

:oD
Userlevel 1

i also agree
Userlevel 5
I agree with David on this one. I think it's important to educate consumers of the actual retail price of modern devices. The iPhone you have in your pocket is basically a powerful miniaturized laptop...
Userlevel 6
Peter wrote:

I agree with David on this one. I think it's important to educate consumers of the actual retail ...

I think it's important to educate consumers of the actual retail price of modern devices.

This. Times 1000.