Koodo Community

Community

Insure Your Phone from Loss, Theft & Damage

Userlevel 2
Big companies such as Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Clearwire and some others offer insurance to their products through third party companies. They charge their customers a minimum monthly charge to protect their equipment against loss, theft and damage. Just a silly example, asurion. http://www.asurion.com/replace/phone-insurance/ Claims limit. For example, depending on your carrier, two claims within any consecutive 12 months with a maximum device value of $1500 per occurrence. I had it before, I was paying $4 monthly and got my phone replaced when it was stolen. It saved me a lot of money. Not advertising any company, but the great benefit out of it. There is no huge investment just the initiative from koodo to open a relationship with any insurance company.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
For $4 a month it may make sense for koodo. Rogers charges $8-$12 a month and you still pay $25-$200 per replacement phone depending on what you had. Koodo genereally sells less expensive phones (except iphone etc.) so for a $200 phone to pay $96 a year plus the replacement phone it might not worth the hassle. It really depends on the total cost of the insurance. And I don't think you can buy from Assurion directly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

For $4 a month it may make sense for koodo. Rogers charges $8-$12 a month and you still pay $25-...

I've had insurance with Bell and even made a claim and it's not worth it at all, get a good case and keep your phone in your pocket and you'll keep more money in your pocket to upgrade your phone sooner.
I was curious why this wasn't offered as well
Userlevel 3
Hey Xavier! Thanks for sharing this idea with us. Good news, we've created the Koodo Extended Warranty. This option on new phone purchases will cover damaged and broken phone. The Extended Warranty also covers accidental physical and water damage (although there is an extra charge for these types of claims). You can find all the info on the Warranty here. Hope this helps.
Userlevel 2
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Xavier! Thanks for sharing this idea with us. Good news, we've created the Koodo Extended ...

You are not giving CEO badges on profiles anymore? hahaha
Userlevel 3
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Xavier! Thanks for sharing this idea with us. Good news, we've created the Koodo Extended ...

Hi Xavier, The majority of the badges go out automatically when you complete a task, in this case, when you have an idea implemented. Keep in mind that the CEO badge can only be earned once. If this is the first time you've had an idea implemented and you didn't get the badge let me know and I'll dig into it a bit deeper. Best, Jordan