Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Inexplicable battery meter issues on Blackberry Curve

My Blackberry Curve 9320 has been giving me warnings such as "Battery too low for Radio Use", as well as spontaneously losing battery capacity after anywhere from 12 to 30 hours without charging, regardless of how much it had said was left. When plugged in after this, the phone recovers nearly instantly, back to near where it had been, sometimes jumping 50% in a matter of a minute or two. I have talked to blackberry support, but, aside from concluding it was not a problem with the battery, they were able to offer no help.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
And they said it Wasn't the battery?

I say replace your battery, they don't last forever.

You can find them cheap enough on ebay. If that doesn't work maybe a reinstall of the OS might help. You can do that through the bb desktop software
Chad Burr wrote:

Thanks for the tip, but I swapped batteries with my mother's phone on the recommendation of Blackberry support. Her phone continues to go 3 or more days without charging, while mine continues to exhibit the battery issues. I updated the OS on my phone through the BB desktop software, is that the same as a reinstall?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Possibly but what I'm talking about would be like a factory reset where every thing is deleted and a fresh install of the OS happens. The next step would be to replace the device.