Koodo Community

Community

Increase the TAB!

Increase the TAB credits...with all the new phones on the market its hard to get in on the newer phones without buying into a 3 year term. $150 doesnt get you very far now a days!

16 replies

Actually in your tab you have 300$ not just 150, you can take up to -150$ cridet, but if you want to end up with Koodo you need to clear this balance, but still I agree if it is possible to increase the limit of the tab.
Has the idea of saving up been lost in this day and age? If you really want a high end phone, then save up for it and use it in conjunction with the tab. A basic phone is a need, a high end phone is not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

Has the idea of saving up been lost in this day and age? If you really want a high end phone, the...

Exactly, and increasing the tab isn't going to help you pay it off faster, it will be longer and you'll be stuck with whatever phone you get for wayyy too long. Just save up the cash and sell your old phone to help pay for the new one.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

Has the idea of saving up been lost in this day and age? If you really want a high end phone, the...

Didn't realize this was a forum in social and financial responsibility...Thought this was for suggestions pertaining to KOODO. Sorry if I mistook the concept of this.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

It is for suggestions but we can also voice our opinions on suggestions we don't agree with. I apologize if I came off harsh as this generation of kids has left me jaded.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Rick, In defense of the above two posts 🙂 I think they have a point... the Tab applies to all plans, say you sign up for the $20 plan, that is a minimum of $2 towards the tab per month, which is only $24 per year. It really would take several years to pay off a high Tab, in fact $150 is quite a lot already. So, good idea and keep 'm coming, but personally I don't think it is going to happen - unless Koodo changes the concept of 10% to a flat fee 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Hi Rick, In defense of the above two posts 🙂 I think they have a point... the Tab applies to ...

I understand it would take longer to pay off.... however how is it diffrent from me just switching onto a 3 year term and getting a better quality phone that I would be stuck with until the term was up. Either way I am still paying for the phone...
Sophia wrote:

Hi Rick, In defense of the above two posts 🙂 I think they have a point... the Tab applies to ...

Fixed term contracts are more difficult to pay out should you decide to cancel early. Would you rather pay $100 for canceling(tab) or $400(for contract)? That's the big difference really.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

I'd say there is a vast difference, Rick. In fact I just used this argument yesterday 😃 With a Tab, you pay the ACTUAL price for the phone, and then you pay off the balance without any interest whatsoever. You can change your plan every month if you wish, and even cancel as long as you pay the balance of your Tab of course. Try any of that with a 3 year contract, it's impossible. Yes you get a high end phone for $200 or so, but the next 3 years you'll be stuck in a choking contract and will end up having paid thousands of dollars for your phone in the end.
Sophia wrote:

But we are not talking about canceling anything here... what is the cost diffrence based on lets say a 3 year term vs TAB
Sophia wrote:

Bottom line, it's about Mark up. Providers like Bell, Rogers, etc will mark up the cost of the phone to make an actual profit. Koodo takes a reduced cost off the price of the phone to make it a bit more affordable, so they don't really make a profit on the phones. Their aim is to make a profit based on long time customers. I don't know the exact numbers and i'm simply guessing here but they mark down the retail cost of their phones by $100-$200.
Sophia wrote:

If you bought a $560 phone and use the $150 tab your cost is now $410. Leave the plan in one year and pay off the remaining Tab of $90...Total paid in one year for the phone is $500 If you bought the same phone on a 3 year term the cost is only $160...Leave the plan in 1 year and your penalty is about $14 per month. That works out to $336 add that to what you already paid and the total is....$496 Now lets say you have a tab of $300...the $560 phone is now $260 you leave the plan after 1 year and you pay the remaining tab of $240...add this to what you paid already and the total you pay out is $500 So based on my argument and yours we both end up spending the same amount in the end!!
Sophia wrote:

These numbers come from KOODO...
Sophia wrote:

I guess it all comes down to if you want to pay more up front or not /shrugs/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Nice calculations 🙂 Thanks Rick!
Sophia wrote:

Thanks for your input!