Koodo Community

Community

Solved

if i buy a phone off of Amazon (blackberry torch) will it be supported by koodo

if i buy a phone off of Amazon (blackberry torch 9810) will it be supported by koodo?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
It will but you'll need to change your plan to a BlackBerry specific plan (not available on prepaid) to use anything that requires data

Why not instead look for a BlackBerry Q5 which blows that torch out and doesn't need a special plan.
Is that the same with a q10? I didnt know it took a specific plan, and i really like the slid acton.
Userlevel 7
John Sewell wrote:

Is that the same with a q10? I didnt know it took a specific plan, and i really like the slid acton.

The Q10 is actually a more expensive version of the Q5. It has a metal body, removable battery, and a nicer screen. But the Q5 is very well made for a plasticy phone.

You won't find a lot of sliding keyboard phones these days.

The special plans aren't more expensive but they enable data use and other features like BBM, Email, and the browser.
John Sewell wrote:

Thank you, you helped me alot
Userlevel 7
John Sewell wrote:

If you want to know if other phones will work check back here. Good luck with your search.
Userlevel 7
Out of curiosity, how much was that Torch on Amazon? Keep in mind the phone is already about 4 years old.