Koodo Community

Community

Solved

If I bought a new Blackberry Classic outright, can I bring it over to Koodo? it requires a nano SIM card, & I currently have a Q5 with Koodo

If I bought a new Blackberry Classic outright, can I bring it over to Koodo? it says it requires a nano SIM card, I have a Q5 now

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes you certainly can. The phone just has to be unlocked which Koodo can do for you for $35 if you want. As for the nano sim, just stop by any Koodo store/kiosk or retailer like Best Buy, etc to buy one for $10. Then log into your self-serve and change your sim card under phone tab. Once thays done, just pop the nano sim into the phone and you're good to go!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Yes you certainly can. The phone just has to be unlocked which Koodo can do for you for $35 if yo...

Post paid sim cards are now $5+tax
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Yes you certainly can. The phone just has to be unlocked which Koodo can do for you for $35 if yo...

Hi there, just a heads up. We can unlock non-Koodo phones but only upon activation of a new account (and it's currently free of charge 🙂 ). If Kayley already has an account with us, we won't be able to unlock the phone. Thank you! 
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Oh thats good to know Dennis! Thanks
Ahmad wrote:

Even if I were to buy the Blackberry straight from the manufacturer, I wouldn't be able to bring it over to Koodo because I have an account already? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

You will be able to bring it to koodo as long as it's unlocked, so you can either purchase it straight from BlackBerry unlocked or purchase one that's locked and use an unlocking service such as gsmliberty.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Koodo actually encourages you to bring your own phone
Ahmad wrote:

Can I bring my Sony xperia from Rogers to koodo and they will unlock it with a plan
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Hi Michelle,

Koodo will only be able to unlock incoming phones until March 15, so if you need them to unlock it you will need to get it done soon. I believe you shouldn't have an issue using it on Koodo, but if you want to provide the model number we could double check things for you.