Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want my name to come up when I call people

Is there any way to have my name attached to my cell number, so people can see that I am calling (if they have caller ID)?

I would like it to come up with my name, instead of private number or just the phone number.

Is there any way of doing this?

Thank you.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Ann, When someone has your number in her/his contacts, your number and name will appear on the screen, otherwise, only your number will display... There is no option so far with Koodo to display your name even if the other person does not have you saved in the contacts...
Userlevel 6
I don't think this is an option for any cellphone company not just for koodo. No one has name display outside of the solution Camilo mentioned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

I don't think this is an option for any cellphone company not just for koodo. No one has name dis...

Rogers does, but I'm petty sure they're the only ones.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

I don't think this is an option for any cellphone company not just for koodo. No one has name dis...

Maybe for businesses. Or Rogers customers only. But I certainly have not agreed that my private info can be displayed to anyone on cellphones. Plus, where how would they know who that number belongs to? Prepaid for sure they wouldn't. Monthly customer list would have to be constantly updated and I doubt the phone companies are that friendly with one another that they would share that info. Landline is different as there is the white pages directory.
Userlevel 7
Chris Petersens wrote:

You can block outgoing call/name display if you wish...
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

Of course you can.....what I'm saying is that Rogers wouldn't have access to my personal info therefore couldn't display my name unless I was with them.
Userlevel 1
It's available on Rogers (Fido/Chat-r) & I believe Wind, and will only show up on those cell providers phones, as well as landlines & voiplines, not on Bell (Virgin), Telus (Koodo), Public Mobile & Mobilicity phones. Not sure about the regional companies. You can choose what name comes up for the Name portion of the display call.