Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I tried to use the koodo SIM in my blackberry in my new phone (LG) and i get the message that the SIM is locked...any ideas?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Is your LG phone a Koodo phone?
no...neither the blackberry or the LG are koodo phones - the LG should be "unlocked" however
Userlevel 7
Lori Hyde wrote:

no...neither the blackberry or the LG are koodo phones - the LG should be "unlocked" however

Did you pay to have it unlocked or did someone sell it to you "unlocked"
Lori Hyde wrote:

i just purchased it on its own from a computer store - i did not purchase it through a provider so i assume unlocked?
Userlevel 6
Does your SIM still work in the Blackberry? Does the phone ask you for a PUK code?
Userlevel 5
You may have set a pin on your sim (happens accidentally when people are trying to set passwords on their phone). If you get that wrong too many times it'll ask for a PUK code that you'll need to call Telus for. If it's not asking for either of those it likely isn't unlocked.
the sim still works in the blackberry - it is not asking for a PUK code...what should i do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lori Hyde wrote:

the sim still works in the blackberry - it is not asking for a PUK code...what should i do?

Ack ack! Sorry, I totally read that as NOW asking for a PUK code.... it really seems like as if your LG is locked after all, Lori! And sorry again for my previous answer 🙂
thank you guys! Is it difficult to unlock the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lori Hyde wrote:

thank you guys! Is it difficult to unlock the phone?

No, it's dead easy! You'll need to find a reputable site that unlocks phones, such as cellunlocker.net or unlockbox.ca and follow the instructions. I priced unlockbox.ca and they charge $4.99CAN to unlock any LG phone, can't go wrong with that really but make sure you price cellunlocker.net as well just in case 🙂
thank you so much! i really appreciate your help