Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have just bought a Blackberry bold 9780 and got a Koodo plan with it, and the phone is not getting the Koodo network. Why wont it work?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Is the phone unlocked? Is the SIM card inside the phone active with your phone #?
Yeah Future Shop set it up when I was there and they said it was locked to wind, but when I came home and checked(using a website) it said it was unlocked.
Userlevel 4
Jonathan Millman wrote:

Yeah Future Shop set it up when I was there and they said it was locked to wind, but when I came ...

If it was locked to Wind, it won't work with Koodo. Different frequencies
Jonathan Millman wrote:

Yeah Future Shop set it up when I was there and they said it was locked to wind, but when I came ...

The person at future shop said it was locked with wind, it is unlocked(t-mobile is displayed every time I turn it on though).
Userlevel 4
Jonathan Millman wrote:

Since this phone came from Wind, it support 1700/2100, and therefore, cannot be used with Koodo, which uses 850/1900. Unfortunately, you need to get a different phone to use Koodo (or Bell/Telus/Rogers/Virgin/Fido) or you need to subscribe to Wind/Videotron/Mobilicity with that device.
Userlevel 7
The bb said it was unlocked? Use these instructions to check. >(Other Models: OS6 or below): Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card and then typing in mepd or CAPS+ MEPD, >>(Other Models: OS6 or above): Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > SIM Card and then type mepd, CAPS+ MEPD, or ALT+ mepd. ****If you see "BLOCKED" beside Network or Service Provider then someone has already tried to enter the unlock code too many times and hard-locked your phone. A code will not unlock your phone. ****If you see "INACTIVE" or "DISABLED" then your phone is already unlocked and you do not need a code. Source: http://freemyblackberry.com/instructionPopups/en/blocked.php
Chad Burr wrote:

The bb said it was unlocked? Use these instructions to check. >(Other Models: OS6 or below): Op...

Yeah that's were I got it is unlocked, they all say disabled.