Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I changed my plan to include data, but the data won't work?

Hello,

I've been using Koodo on a Blackberry Curve for about 3 years. Two days ago I changed my plan from one that doesn't include Data, to one that includes 100MB of Data. I turned "Data Services" on in Options, but when I try to use it, it gives me the following message: "Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web, you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan."

I tried turning the phone off and back on; that didn't help. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in; didn't help either. I looked online to see if anyone had a similar problem, and I saw some people suggested turning APN on. So I tried that as well, but it still didn't work. It gives me the same message whenever I try to use the Internet without Wifi.

In my online Koodo account, the plan seems to be updated just fine and says I have 100MB of Data, yet my phone keeps telling me Data is not included. Should I just call Koodo to see what's going on, or do any of you guys have any other suggestions?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
With bbos7, you need a BlackBerry specific plan. The generic data plans won't work. If you had a bb10 device, that 100mb plan would work
I also use a BlackBerry Curve and I have had data through Koodo for more than two years -- and I switched to the current 100 MB plan in early June. Ry is correct that the older BlackBerry devices require a different data plan, but Koodo does offer BB versions of their current plans. On my bill, my plan has "BB" at the end of it. In Self Service, you need to select "BlackBerry Curve & Bold" as your phone type in the drop-down box (instead of "Android, iPhone, BB 10+, Other") and then choose your plan. All of the plan details are the same, but you'll be choosing from the BB versions.
Since Koodo only lets customers change their plans once per billing cycle, you may no longer be able to do this in Self Serve. If so, you'll have to call Koodo. But I did just want to clarify that having an older BlackBerry does not mean that you can't have a data plan.