Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I cannot send pictures with Blackberry Curve

Is it in the Koodo plan to add the ability to send and receive picture messages when using a Blackberry curve smartphone? I feel that I am paying for a service I cannot have. Is that fair? I should have been told that this cell phone was not compatible with the plan I was buying when it came to picture messaging! If I can't send ad receive pictures, could I get a plan that reflects that?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
I don't think the curve 3g is capable of it. Buying a phone these days is a lot like buying a car. You don't buy a sun fire if you need a caravan. It's the same with phones. Every plan includes picture messaging but the device has to be capable. If you just got the device within 14 days, you can return it and get something else. Otherwise it's yours and you'll just have to get a better phone on your dime or use a messaging app like whatsapp with your friends.
Userlevel 4
You need to have data on in order to send or receive pictures. You plan would also need to have a data feature
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

I don't think the curve 3g is capable of it. Buying a phone these days is a lot like buying a ...

Curve 3G can do mms. Afiak, the limitation on the cdma curve is documented right under the nitty gritty
Chad Burr wrote:

I don't think the curve 3g is capable of it. Buying a phone these days is a lot like buying a ...

How does one turn on MMS on a BB curve? And then, is that going to solve the problem? Koodo support says: "If you’re currently using a BlackBerry Curve™️ or Bold™️ smartphone, you'll only be able to make calls and send text messages. Data is only available using Wi-Fi®️. Picture messaging is currently not supported by Koodo Prepaid." Are pictures considered data then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Yes. Pictures are considered data.
Userlevel 1
Just so you know, most plans include unlimited picture messaging so technically you are not paying extra for it. Fairness isn't really relevant
Starfox wrote:

Just so you know, most plans include unlimited picture messaging so technically you are not payin...

OK then, still frustrated though.
Userlevel 4
Do you have a data block on you Koodo account? Is your phone an unlocked device?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Do you have a data block on you Koodo account? Is your phone an unlocked device?

Not sure :! How do I check for that?
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

How did you aquire the phone? When you log into your Self Serv e, if you have one set up, go to Plans and Add-ons. The overview will show you your plan and current features. Look for the data block. If you do not see it there, feel free to call Koodo at 1-866-995-6636 option 5 or option 6 to confirm the block or not.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

You are a genius! Thanks to you I found that I could add-0n Data Saver Blackberry Access and be able to send pics 🙂 MERCI!
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

You are welcome 🙂
Userlevel 7
I stand corrected however the rest of my statement stands. Research is key. I guess it was the bold that wasn't capable. Since the information is no longer there.
Userlevel 4
Chad Burr wrote:

I stand corrected however the rest of my statement stands. Research is key. I guess it was the bo...

I agree, research is key