Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how to upgrade data without losing the voice plan

I want to upgrade my plan to have more data but I dont want to lose anything with my voice plan
I have the unlimited long distance across canada and i just want to add more data - how do I do this and which plan can I choose

8 replies

Userlevel 7
The plans aren't piecemeal, you'll have to either use more data and pay the per use charge of your plan, or take a whole new plan. Paying the overage may actually be cheapest For instance the overage rates of some grandfathered plans may be 10$ per GB while today's plans may be 5$ per 250mb. Make sure you check out your plan in self serve before you switch.
Im willing to go to the next plan but I am not sure how to do that? and will i lose my voice plan that I have by choosing a new voice plan.
My plan doesnt say much about what I have ? or im unable to find that info
Userlevel 6
Terri Rich wrote:

Im willing to go to the next plan but I am not sure how to do that? and will i lose my voice plan...

All the data plans with 1gb or more data have unlimited nationwide talk anyway.
If your plan has that, then you won't lose anything by increasing the data.
Userlevel 7
Terri Rich wrote:

Im willing to go to the next plan but I am not sure how to do that? and will i lose my voice plan...

You may or may not be happy with your overage rate as I stated above. . Log into self serve and check your plan description for the rate... If you don't see it you'll need to call in and ask
Terri Rich wrote:

but my plan has unlimited long distance across canada - anytime do the other plans offer that as well?
Userlevel 7
Terri Rich wrote:

Yes,

Here is where you can shop for plans.

Make sure to select the region you live in at the top

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans Here is an example of Ontario plans.

Terri Rich wrote:

is it possible to call in and talk to a rep about this change?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terri Rich wrote:

Yes but it will cost money if your ask them to complete a change that you could have done yourself on self serve.

https://www.koodomobile.com/contact-us

If you currently have an outstanding tab, you will have to pay that off too