Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to send and receive SMS on PC ?

A few years ago I was using Motorola Phone tools that allowed me to text from my PC. The Nokia phones also had a suite allowing users to use their PCs to send SMS, back up messages etc. I see that there is an app for the Blackberry which will replace my current touchscreen phone, but I would like to have a standalone SMS app from Koodo, that would use my number and login to send and receive SMS messages out of my browser, or at least integration with Outlook. Any news if Koodo will offer this service? Will the Amber update for Windows Phone 8 make it possible? Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Look at the bottom of this page for send a message click it..... TA DAAA! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or you can send an email to [10-digit number]@msg.koodomobile.com from your PC.
Mayumi wrote:

I need Koodo Android TV system 2015 Iin Estevan. What can I do for order
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Koodo doesn't offer TV system.
Or do you mean something else?
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

Try Google, no Koodo.
I know, a lot of "O's"
Mayumi wrote:

I need to purchase Koodo android Tv cable from Regina. Need address from where I purchased.
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

Koodo doesn't sell them.
Never has.
Try to dig up your reciept !
Thanks. I found the link in the bottom of the page after this post, but it is tedious to manually enter the number. thank you Mayumi for the note using email. I'll see if I can integrate that easily with outlook. when I get my BlackBerry, I'll use Blurts. I just don't see why the Lumia doesn't have the good old PC suite. For someone who often works from a desk, PC integration is a must.
Actually I tried sending from my email on my PC to 10digs@msg.koodomobile.com and the message does not get to my phone. However, I found that send to 10digs@msg.telus.com works perfectly, everytime. Telus owns Koodo and use the same infrastructure and network. Tried it on three other Koodo numbers and they all receive my texts from email too.
Thanks ! Like I said earlier, I upgraded to an BlackBerry Curve and I use Blurts. http://www.mlhsoftware.com/Blurts/index.html Whoever popularized the touchscreen phones should be have thought of functionality!