Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How much will it cost to upgrade my blackberry curve 9300 to a samsung galaxy ace 2

i want to keep the same plan but upgrade to a better phone

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Retail price of Ace 2 X is $150.
Userlevel 7
Look at your Tab balance on Self Serve. If it's negative, you owe money still. When you go into the store and upgrade, you will have it billed out to you and you start fresh with your new phone. If you have positive Tab, then you can leverage that as "extra" Tab towards a better phone. Since the Ace II X (not the Ace 2 as you named it) is $150 retail, you can get it for free on the small Tab and keep your old plan, no matter the price. I would recommend looking into the Moto G when it's released. Overall it's a better device than the Ace II X but is only $50 more to purchase. If you want to make this a bigger upgrade, then there's the Medium Tab. Your plan will have to be $30+ or else you'll have to switch and there's a $5 Tab charge to pay off the subsidy that gets removed once your Tab balance is paid off. The S III is only $50 on a Medium Tab if you upgrade and the other 2 best phones for $0 in store on the Medium Tab are the Nexus 4 and Desire 601.
Jonathan I wrote:

Look at your Tab balance on Self Serve. If it's negative, you owe money still. When you go into t...

so I don't get any deals for trading in my curve for a Samsung galaxy s 3?
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Look at your Tab balance on Self Serve. If it's negative, you owe money still. When you go into t...

You might. You'd have to bring it in and see.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

The trade-in value they'll give you would be laughable at best. You could probably sell it on Kijiji for more than whatever they're offering.
Yes listen to Jonathan and get the Moto G instead. I had the ace 2x for a year before getting a nexus 5 and the lag and slowness on the ace 2x will frustrate you so much. The moto g trounces the ace 2x in specs for only $50 more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I wouldn't recommend the Ace 2X either. It's not a great phone.
Userlevel 7
To further reinforce the recommendation of not getting an Ace II X, I had the opportunity to hold and play around with a Moto G at a Telus event downtown on Sunday and it is by far the best $200 Android device I've ever seen in Canada. WAY better than an Ace II X, in every category (except it's 8GB and no microSD slot, which is a little limiting). Don't expect outstanding picture quality or blazing speeds but that little guy rocking nearly stock Android and 1GB of RAM with a quad-core CPU was awesome. I'm excited to start selling it on Koodo. People are looking for a reliable, relatively fast Android that isn't gigantic or costs a lot of money and this guy fits the bill perfectly alongside the Desire 601 and Nexus 4. Android's getting a lot better in the low to mid range category, but it still has some catching up to do with WP (aka the 520).