Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How much will it cost me to switch?

I currently have a blackberry curve 9300 and I want to switch to an iPhone. I'm on tab small and I currently have -52 left on my tab. I want to know how much it would cost me to get either iPhone 5s or 5c??

10 replies

Userlevel 5
How much is your plan every month? If it's over $30 before tax then you'll be able to keep it. (Otherwise you'd have to choose a new one.) After that you'll have to pay the Tab balance that remains. So the $52. You'll most likely want to take a Tab Medium if you're getting an iPhone. (It just makes more sense cost wise) It's basically +$5 on your current plan. No biggie, because with that you get an extra $150 on the tab and only end up paying $120 over your two year agreement. In-store cost for a 5c with a Tab Medium : $124.99+tx In-store cost for a 5s with a Tab Medium : $274.99+tx Hope this helps!
Justin Robichaud wrote:

How much is your plan every month? If it's over $30 before tax then you'll be able to keep it. (O...

My plan is 30$ a month, 33.90$ with taxes.
Userlevel 5
Justin Robichaud wrote:

How much is your plan every month? If it's over $30 before tax then you'll be able to keep it. (O...

Excellent! Shouldn't have an issue keeping hold of it! Just tack on $5 for Medium Tab and you're good to go! If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!
Justin Robichaud wrote:

Thank you very much 🙂. In order to switch to a plan where I would be able to keep my unlimited texting, but switch out my bbm plan and 50mins a month to a plan that has free calling on weekends and free after 5 or 7 during the week. Would it cost a lot to change that?
Userlevel 7
Justin Robichaud wrote:

Just. Heads up that users with plans under 30$ can keep it if they stay on tab small or buy their phone outright.
Userlevel 7
Chantal, Koodo has a great promotion on now that you'd like. You'd have to take tab small 100 minutes per month Unlimited text and picture messages nights and weekends starting at 5pm Pay per use data. 7.50/5mb Voicemail and caller ID For 30$ per month! This means you'd pay the 52$ you owe on your tab. Then you use your tab so the iPhone 5c would cost 350$. +tax (or look around at stores that sometimes run specials on a Koodo iPhone so there may be.gift cards)
Chad Burr wrote:

Chantal, Koodo has a great promotion on now that you'd like. You'd have to take tab small 100...

Wow that sounds pretty good to me! Are there any promotions regarding the iPhone 5s at all?
Userlevel 5
Chad Burr wrote:

Chantal, Koodo has a great promotion on now that you'd like. You'd have to take tab small 100...

You could also take the $35 plan + the $5 tab charge. Get the iPhone 5c for $124.99 or the iPhone 5s for $274.99. That plan would include. 200 Daytime Minutes (Canada-wide) Unlimited Evenings and Weekends that start at 5pm Unlimited Nationwide Text Call Display and Voicemail 3 50mb of Data Would be $10 more per month but you'd get a lot more out of that plan. PS: For $5 more than that, you could get 300 minutes and 300mb of Data instead. With an iPhone you might want to use a bit more Data than you normally would.
Chad Burr wrote:

Thank you both!
Userlevel 5
Chad Burr wrote:

Feel free to pop in here if you have any more questions! We're all more than happy to help!