Koodo Community
Question

How is it possible to have 5 reviews of the BlackBerry Z10 already?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok, well I'm confused. How is it possible that there are already 5 reviews of the BlackBerry Z10 in the Koodo Webstore when the phone hasn't even been released in Canada yet, & won't be till Tuesday ????

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's not released to he public but I'm sure there must be some trusted employee teaters out there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Great to see them all being top notch reviews, I think it's going to be a real big deal & bring BlackBerry up past iOS, unless Apple comes out with something huge in the innovation department. Lmfao, ya like that will happen. I'm just super jealous of the reviewers & can't wait to add my own review because it's definitely a device worth getting. - KID BLACKBERRY 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ppl who pre ordered through Rogers are already receiving shipping tracking #s & their devices are already being delivered.
Userlevel 6
I also heard that Blackberry gave out thousands of the Z10 to developers, so lots of people would have had a chance to play with it. And their confidentiality agreement would have expired on the day of the announcement.
Userlevel 7
And anyone can write a review too, no?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And anyone can write a review too, no? Yes but the reviews undergo a review before they are posted. Takes 72hrs (or less)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And anyone can write a review too, no? Ahhhhh I thought it was Koodo customers reviews
Userlevel 6
And anyone can write a review too, no? Who else would write these reviews on the koodo website, but koodo customers or employees?
Userlevel 2
Some of those reviews very well could be from koodo customers.. As mentioned above, review units were given out at all the launch parties, including the one in Toronto at the Carlu. Wouldn't surprise me if at least a few people out of the 500+ invitees were with Koodo...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well people from the press or magazines have their hand on the device before anyone else in order to publish reviews so people will buy it! Here are some reviews from good sources! I'm sure you know some of them. And they are round-ups. Not the whole review Joshua Topolsky, The Verge: "The Z10 is a good smartphone. Frankly, it’s a better smartphone than I expected from RIM at this stage in the game. It does everything a modern phone should do, usually without hesitation. [...] The problem with the Z10 is that it doesn’t necessarily do anything better than any of its competition. Jonathan Geller, BGR: "As the software capabilities grow with a much better browser, all-touch keyboard and other features, it feels like RIM loses it’s [sic] core. The company is forced to try to reinvent the smartphone and in the process just seems to end up making an iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone competitor that isn’t as good as any of them. And in several ways, it isn’t even as good as the BlackBerry before it. Tim Stevens, Engadget: "BlackBerry’s BlackBerry Z10 is genuinely a pretty nice phone. Performance, helped by the lightweight QNX-based OS, is more than acceptable. [...] But, tragically, there’s really nothing to love. Nothing in the Z10 stands out as class-leading and, while the BB10 OS does have a lot of charm and brings all the best productivity-focused attributes of BlackBerry to bear in a much more modern package, the app selection is poor and the gestures here aren’t so good that they make up for that major shortcoming. Jessica Dolcourt, CNET: "Members of the BlackBerry Faithful, meet your new phone. The BlackBerry Z10 has everything you’ve been waiting for: a sleek, modern, and professional touchscreen body with an up-to-date OS to match and 4G LTE support. [...] Slip off the RIM-colored glasses, though, and you won’t be able to ignore the minor hardware and OS irritations that nevertheless pile up as you use the Z10 over time — like having to use an antiquated and unintuitive file system to create a new photo album, and a basic mapping app that can’t possibly stand up to Google’s best-in-show. Kevin Michaluk, CrackBerry: "With the BlackBerry Z10, I can finally start walking around with just one device in my pocket without feeling like I’m missing out. BlackBerry 10 retains the best features of the BlackBerry of old, plays catch up in the OS and apps department to the competition, and with features like Hub and Flow actually push the smartphone experience further. It’s a BlackBerry that is equally good at getting work done and having fun too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well people from the press or magazines have their hand on the device before anyone else in order...1 of those reviews has been talked about across the net and that's the BGR & supposedly the guy is a complete idiot & has a huge problem with BlackBerry for some reason. So no matter how good it was he would have said bad things about it. Alot of the reviews that are bad that I've seen seem like total bull. I love Android & everybody knows it, so when I review it when I get it you can believe if I say it's good, & I'm super excited about it so I'll say if it disappointed me at all. I don't get how anybody can give a good review after a few hours with the device. it's made the incorporate every part of your life and there is no way to give a true review after a couple hours.
Badge +4
Well actually four out of the five reviews appear to sound less than favourable to begin with; citing that the BB10 still doesn't measure up to the competition in one way or another. The BB10 launch was interesting, but I didn't really see anything that immediately jumped out at me, I was impressed with the peek and selectable photography features. Quite frankly, the Z10 blends in rather nicely with all the other monolithic smartphones out there. I critique all platforms not just Android or iOS, the Blackberry 7100i was my first and I still have this fully functional device to this day along with my arsenal of iOS, Android, Symbian and Windows Mobile devices. Apple, Android and even Windows Mobile devices have managed to steal the show over the past couple of years and it's really taken Blackberry everything they had to make a successful resurgence into the market. Expectations will naturally be higher, especially amongst diehard Blackberry fans. Blackberry has always had a knack for incorporating all that is important, I personally like the overall design of the Z10 and was never a big fan of the physical qwerty keyboard (it was cool back in the day) although the Q10 is available for those that enjoy this feature. Only time will tell and based on real world every day usage will we be able to benchmark these new entrants (BB Z10 & Q10) against the competition.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well actually four out of the five reviews appear to sound less than favourable to begin with; ci...Great point. A good read ^^^^^^^^^^
Userlevel 1
For the most part, all phones do the same thing. What do people expect new phones to do that isn't being done now? If we forget all the useless fluff, what makes one phone better than the next? We've reached a saturation point now. All mid to high end phones are good and have nothing meaningful to really differentiate them apart.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For the most part, all phones do the same thing. What do people expect new phones to do that is...What's useless fluff exactly?
Userlevel 1
For the most part, all phones do the same thing. What do people expect new phones to do that is...10-13 meg. camera - super overkill 5-6" screens- too big for most people's hands quad core- no one will ever notice the diff from duo core curved screens -sony flexible screens- samsung glass phones- nexus 4, easily breakable to name a few Manufactures are chasing their tails here. They need to come up with something to sell every year. What they should focus on is better battery life, period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For the most part, all phones do the same thing. What do people expect new phones to do that is...Not notice the difference from dual core to quad core are you serious? I've noticed a huge huge difference & John Burke has noticed the same huge proforma center improvements. Better battery life really, My Note 2 I can use Non stop playing graphic intense games and surfing the Web of streaming video for 10-15hrs. If I use it moderate use like the average person would I can get 2 full days. The cameras yes are overkill at over 8mp What your calling fluff is called innovation and If you don't have these things them what do you have any a boring device just like the last (iPhone) I really don't get your point here at all I usually see where your coming from but not one bit on this one. Nobody wants something to sell every year unless you like apple. Innovation is what drives the industry & what excites ppl and gets them addicted to mobile devices & following the trends.
Userlevel 1
For the most part, all phones do the same thing. What do people expect new phones to do that is...Kid, most people don't want to carry around a Note, too big for general phone use, hence the reason we need better battery life in normal size phones. I'm afraid we're getting away from a phone's primary use. There's too much bling in phones nowadays. Remember, cell manufacturers push sizzle, not the steak. I read about many kids buying new phones like I buy beer. What for? bored? Not all innovation is useful. What more do I want my phone to do?
Userlevel 7
For the most part, all phones do the same thing. What do people expect new phones to do that is...Remember everyone has their own opinion guys. Lets respect it
Userlevel 2
My rogers z10 shipped last night, delivery is Tuesday morning. Beauty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My rogers z10 shipped last night, delivery is Tuesday morning. Beauty.Lucky Bastard, I hope mine comes thus week. Did you get the black or white?
Userlevel 2
My rogers z10 shipped last night, delivery is Tuesday morning. Beauty.black for me, white for the gf.