Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I change the number of rings before going to voicemail on a Blackberry Bold 9790?

How do I change the number of rings before going to voicemail on a Blackberry Bold 9790? It only rings twice now. I can't find any way to adjust it.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
There is no way currently to adjust this.
Userlevel 4
Dial *#61# Write down the number it pops up with. This is your voicemail access number then dial **61*1 number *11*xx# where xx is the time in seconds (not rings) you want to wait before going to voicemail. Minimum is 5 seconds and maximum is 30 seconds. Make sure 1 is infront of your access number.
Ry wrote:

Dial *#61# Write down the number it pops up with. This is your voicemail access number then dia...

thank you very much!
Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

Dial *#61# Write down the number it pops up with. This is your voicemail access number then dia...

Did this work for you floridot? As far as I knew, these codes didn't work. Ry: What is the default Time out?
Userlevel 4
Ry wrote:

I tested it before posting, and confirmed I could make it 5 seconds and 30 seconds. I'm not sure what the default is, as I forgot to test that before making the change. I found 20 seconds a good number, about 5 rings
Userlevel 7
Ry wrote:

Good to know.
Userlevel 6
Ry wrote:

The default ringtime before getting forwarded to voicemail is 25 seconds.
Ry wrote:

Yes, these codes worked for me, changed it to 20 seconds
Ry wrote:

i just read this answer in a different thread, and there is said you have to pick a multiple of 5 seconds, eg: 10, 15, 20, 25, etc, not 17 seconds. These instructions have worked on my iphone 4S, even though the instructions were for a Blackberry. Try it no matter what phone you have and see if it works.
I tired it, it does not work. Keep saying CONNECTION PROBLEM or INVALID MMI code.

k wrote:

I tired it, it does not work. Keep saying CONNECTION PROBLEM or INVALID MMI code.

Did not work for me. I got an error message. But it must have worked before because I managed to change it, now it is back to 2 rings.

Badge +4
k wrote:

It's possible that with software upgrades, Blackberry may have done away with this mmi code. Oddly, the code still works in Android 6.0.1., (S7 Edge and S5 Neo). On some phones, you may have to press the call or send button for the *#61# and **61*+1##########*11*xx# codes to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Weird.  For me the way to shorten or extend the ring time is *61*NUMBER**XX#+SEND where XX is the number of seconds