Koodo Community

Community

Hip to be Square

Ever notice that Androids, flip phones, in general have the generic phone shape? Why circle, triangle, octagon, right? It'd definitely be nice to see some variety, not just the same ol' rectangular figure. Just a thought.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not sure what that's got to do with Koodo, Aaron. Appreciate your posts, but try to stick to Koodo just slightly 🙂
Userlevel 2
Maybe you should look into contacting the manufacturers of the phones, which isn't Koodo.
Userlevel 1
Koodo doesn't make phones
Userlevel 7
I think the general designs right now are for ergonomics. I don't think a triangle or octagon would be very hand friendly.
Userlevel 6
Is there a new contest or something? Posts like this one look a lot like the ones we had last time there was a contest...
Userlevel 2
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Is there a new contest or something? Posts like this one look a lot like the ones we had last ti...

Not that I'm aware of, other than the Koodie awards.
Userlevel 6

Is there a new contest or something? Posts like this one look a lot like the ones we had last ti...

I was referring to the "Win an S3" contest a while back. We were flooded with non-sense posts like this one. That's what got me wondering...
Userlevel 2

I haven't seen any announcements internally(not that I'd be able to make mention of it), but no contests like that going on currently.
Userlevel 6

In that case, let's file this one under random non-sense posts, hehe
Userlevel 1
Nokia itself tried many cooky shapes and sizes as well weird keyboard layouts (they once had a circular keypad). But other than being fashion fads, they became obviously inconvenient and never caught on
Userlevel 5
Mo D. wrote:

Nokia itself tried many cooky shapes and sizes as well weird keyboard layouts (they once had a ci...

Mostly inconvenient... how would you use an octagon/circular/triangular device...?
Userlevel 1
Mo D. wrote:

Nokia itself tried many cooky shapes and sizes as well weird keyboard layouts (they once had a ci...

There's an episode of The Office, I believe where they try to open a flagship triangular phone store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mo D. wrote:

Haha ya Dwight made or invested in a triangular tablet and nobody else would invest as they all thought it was a stupid idea and I agree it's not a good idea at all. Would you watch a triangle TV or have a circle computer display, no because it's not the optimum shape to give the best user experience or viewing area to over all device size ratio & you also couldn't hold a circle or triangle up to your ear with a firm grasp as to not drop the device.