Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HELP!! this parent needs a clinic on saaviness, teens and phones!

I am a parent of a teen who is getting into illegal and dishonest activities by picking up wifi on his phone. can this be taken off a phone so he cannot pick up any data anywhere?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately It is impossible to block wifi on a phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can take away his phone. If you want him to have a means to call and text, you can get him a feature phone with no WiFi capability.
Userlevel 7
Actually it is try downloading a parental control app to his phone. The apps require a password to change system settings.. You could turn wifi off and lock it.
Chad Burr wrote:

Actually it is try downloading a parental control app to his phone. The apps require a pass...

I am very interested in this suggestion. Would like him to receive ONLY talk/text. Where would I fink such an app as you have mentioned?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Actually it is try downloading a parental control app to his phone. The apps require a pass...

The Google play store. You'd have to either steal his phone to install \set it up or if you have access to his Google account you can push it to his phone.
Chad Burr wrote:

Ok....I will look into that....genuine thanks, Andrea
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Remember, if you follow this path, you will need complex passwords.

It also does not prevent him accessing the same internet locations from another device.

Chad Burr wrote:

how about taking the phone away from him? Perhaps some family counseling??
Userlevel 7
Why don't you want your son using wifi? It's free and doesn't cost you or him anything
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Why don't you want your son using wifi? It's free and doesn't cost you or him anything

getting into illegal and dishonest activities by picking up wifi on his phone.

Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

Does the OP think that the "illegal and dishonest activities" are picking up wifi on his phone?
Or, is the OP's son picking up wifi, then doing illegal and dishonest activities?
I don't think that it is illegal to pick up wifi.