Koodo Community
Question

Help - cannot sync Z10 with Outlook stand alone desktop ??

From my own experience and from reading other forums it appears you cannot sync contacts, calendar and email between a stand alone Outlook desktop and a Z10 if you have a POP email account, i.e my personal Rogers account. Note, this statement does not include corporate emails with backend Exchange servers. There are lots of suggestions to go to the cloud, hotmail, Outlook.com, etc. but I have not been able to get such a solution to work. Below are the details of my situation and my question (plee for help is more like it) Details - Email account is a Rogers internet account (POP) and I do not have an Exchange backend - I also have a Rogers Yahoo account which is the account I prefer to give to people - I manage all my email, calendar and contacts through my stand alone Outlook desktop or from my phone when I am away from my desktop. - I sync my email, calendar and contacts withh my desktop when I'm at my desktop; this was previously an iPhone but now I'm trying to get BB10 to do it - I have set up the BB10 and am able to send/receive email via my Rogers account - The BB Link software will only sync music, pictures, and documents but not emaiul/caendar/contacts - The odler BB desktop did do it but does nto work with BB10 Problem I cannot sync my calendar, contatcs or email between my stand alone Outlook desktop and my BBZ10 Big Question and plee for help Has anyone been able to sync their stand alone Outlook desktop with their BB 10 and still be able to use their Rogers personal internet email. If so, could you please share how and possibly provide some detailed steps. At this point I don't care if I use Yahoo, Hotmail, the cloud, etc. as long as it meets the following requirements 1) I don't have to give people a new email address, 2) I only have to manage my Outlook email once it is all setup, and 3) I am able to do the technical setup to make it all work. Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for comments

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Google’s end of life announcement for free Google Sync services devastates BB10 users with Outlook. People with free Gmail accounts can no longer sync Outlook to Gmail to BB10 devices.  This directly affects standalone Outlook users because their data is now isolated on an island (ie – Outlook) with no options from RIM to get the data to BB10 devices. Legacy BlackBerry devices used BlackBerry Desktop Manager to solve this problem. However, BBDM will not ship with BB10 devices. CompanionLink will offer direct BB10 sync support for standalone Microsoft Outlook. BB10 sync options will include USB sync that works similar to BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and DejaCloud sync that works over-the-air. CompanionLink will ship their BB10 sync solution the same day the first BB10 devices arrive in people’s hands. Support for Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013 will be included. For more info on BB10 sync, bookmark this page that will be updated by CompanionLink as more news about BB10 emerges
Google’s end of life announcement for free Google Sync services devastates BB10 users with Outloo...Absolutely incorrect!!! Companion link has not been approved by Blackberry. So there is no way to sync stand alone Outlook
Userlevel 2
Google’s end of life announcement for free Google Sync services devastates BB10 users with Outloo...I posted a workaround below, I'm doing it myself and everything's kosher, give it a go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Google’s end of life announcement for free Google Sync services devastates BB10 users with Outloo...I just took this statement from a Web page that popped up on the issue
I investigated this issue and decided not to get a BB10. This company is crazy. Outlook is the most widely used email program and BB10 does not sync. Blackberry should go bankrup and hope soon.
Companion Link has not yet been approved by BB. So at this time there is no solution. One is give the unit back & get another phone
Look at the this web page to find out how you can link your Outlook program with a free outlook.com (I think it is the same thing as a windows live ID or hotmail account) account. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2735989 Then, you can add the same outlook account to the Z10 or Q10 phone and all Outlook data will be synched automatically.
Right now I am using a BB bold with desk top manager. It so easy to sync. The one you recommend makes things complicated plus i do not wnat or use in a limited fahsion hotmail ie new outlook
Your recommendation is to link Outlook (hotmail) with Office-Outlook, this is not what I am looking for. I want sync Office Outllook with BB.
My suggestion was just an alternative to what you are trying to do here because BB Link doesn't provide Outlook synch, unlike the old BB Desktop Manager (which is not compatible with BB10 phones). It may even be a better solution if you have internet access on your PC, because synching will be always done automatically without having to plug your BB10 phone to he USB port of your PC. This is because both your BB10 phone and Office-Outlook will be linked to the same Outlook.com account. Any contact or calendar entree changes in you Office Outlook in your PC will automatically appear in your BB10 phone and vice-versa.
Not all of us a IT 's people. I like the old days plug and play. Why do I need to pay $199 for the phone and have to go here then there and basck ther just to sync my calendar. Apple here I come. BB dropped the bal on this one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just use Google instead, it syncs with BB10 fine
Just use Google instead, it syncs with BB10 fineSure but my business runs on out look. Am I sure there is 1000's just like me. It is to bad they did not see that,. Maybe they should go back to buying Hockey teams 🙂 oh ya that did not work either.
Just use Google instead, it syncs with BB10 fineA big YES from Canada. Need that sync to outlook
For years I’ve been sharing my Yahoo email and not my Rogers email (internet provider). My Yahoo emails get sent to my Outlook PC and merged with my Rogers email in my inbox. I manage the emails there. The process works reasonable well but is one way; Outlook does not sync back to Yahoo.

Now, the interesting part is I have successfully synchronized my BB10 with Yahoo including calendars, contacts and email folders.

Therefore, if I can get my Outlook 2007 to do a two-way sync with Yahoo (email and folder changes, calendar and contact changes) I will have a temporary work around solution by synchronizing BB10 to Outlook 2007 via Yahoo, albeit a cloud work around.

So far I have tried upgrading to Yahoo plus and completing the suggested steps but still no sync between Outlook 2007 and Yahoo. The link below are the suggested steps. http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=c...
I am so close I can taste it but I think I'm missing something.

Has anyone ever synchronized Outlook 2007 to Yahoo including calendars, contacts and email folders? If so could you share the steps please. This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need help to sync Outlook 2007 to Yahoo to workaround BB10 sync issue ??.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can't you just convert the Outlook Apk from Android to a Bar file to use Outlook on BlackBerry 10?
Userlevel 2
This is a known issue. It will be fixed in an update shortly I'd imagine. In the meantime, if you search Google you can find a workaround to sync your outlook calendar.
Userlevel 2
Here's a solution: http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/sync-outlook-with-blackberry-z10
Too complicated. simple solution is get a Samsung Galaxy 3 or 4
Userlevel 2
Too complicated. simple solution is get a Samsung Galaxy 3 or 4lol it's like a 5 min process with step by step guide... surely you can handle it...
Userlevel 4
I remember being this frustrated in 2009 when I switched to a Palm Pre from a Blackberry. The Pre was all 'cloud' based for PIM, meaning no local addressbook or Calendar to sync with, just like the Z10. At that time, I bought an app that would mimic this, but it was unreliable, painful, etc. Cloud is the future, and I would recommend jumping in. If you don't want to use Google's Card/Cal Dav or Outlook.com activesync, there is alternatives like 01.com. It's 50 a year, and once you experience the convenience of all your calendars/contacts/email on your phone, desktop and tablets, synced wirelessly and instantly, you won't look back. It will work with your Desktop Outlook software.
Userlevel 4
It appears that Blackberry will be addressing this concern: http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/17/blackberry-10-link-usb-sync-to-outlook-coming-soon-confirmed/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It appears that Blackberry will be addressing this concern: http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/...That's great & there is indeed a lot of great upgrades coming to BB10 soon like the Android runtime being upgraded to Jelly Bean. I'm dying to get my Z10 & hopefully create something for BlackBerry.
It appears that Blackberry will be addressing this concern: http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/...Yes but when? Please blackberry soon!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/02/set-up-outlook-sync-with-blackberry-z10/