Koodo Community

Community

Have an incentive for adding more lines to your account!

Userlevel 7
Koodo should offer an incentive so when you add more phones to your account you get a slightly discounted amount off each plan. Example (each plan being $50 initially) - One line is $50 Two lines is $95 Three lines is $135 And so on... This would make people want to sign up more people to their account and everyone would still have separate plans. Not saying current things like unlimited calling between lines isn't nice, but give people more reason to spend less for more. Just a thought!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Remember koodo gives you unlimited calls and texting between phones on the same account so that's an incentive too. However I like the idea of a discount per additional line. So you have my vote!
Userlevel 3
Chad Burr wrote:

Remember koodo gives you unlimited calls and texting between phones on the same account so that's...

If you have one line post paid and another pre-paid can they go on the same account and get unlimited calling? Can you have two pre-paid accounts for unlimited calling between them?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Remember koodo gives you unlimited calls and texting between phones on the same account so that's...

If you have post paid even now you would need to have two post paid plans and phones to have unlimited calling to one another. As for prepaid if the accounts are separate then you wouldn't have unlimited calling to one another. I'm not sure if you can have more than one line on a prepaid account as it is. Hopefully that answers your questions 🙂
Userlevel 7
The other thing to think of is that if each plan was $50-60 for each plan (then discounting by $5 each line) it would still fall under Koodo's 24 month guarantee. Because even the last phone would be at $35-$40/month.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

The other thing to think of is that if each plan was $50-60 for each plan (then discounting by $5...

Yes but that means you might have to have a minimum plan to qualify for a multi line discount.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

The other thing to think of is that if each plan was $50-60 for each plan (then discounting by $5...

That may be true, but for each line by the time the discount is put over each line (Starting at $50 for the first line) the monthly amount each person has to shell out of pocket is $40/month (+ taxes). Most people tend to pay twice if not closer to three times that (per line) on the big three for their decent plans and with multiple phones.
Userlevel 7
I totally agree. Unlimited calls between each other is pretty much a given these days but people need more incentive to add lines to accounts.
Userlevel 7

Userlevel 7
This could be how the plans would look like (if there would be a minimum plan requirement) and it would fall in line with most of their current plans and each line would still get their tab cleared in 24 months. This also would allow Koodo to be differentiated a bit more compared to the Small 3, cause none of the others offer that.
Userlevel 7
This could be more or less Koodo's answer to people wanting a Family Plan. Except each line would have it's own data (not shareable, unless Koodo wanted to make it shareable).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Why has this idea been marke as not planned. I am curious?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shareable is the way to growth in the good 'ol USA. At my temporary home, pick a plan, give them $10 more a month then add another phone that shares the original plan minutes & data. This past holiday season, they were even offering a $20 discount for every line added. Voice & data plans can be separately upgraded/downgraded until the last billing day without fear of overage. Instead of a "tab", you buy your phone with $$ down and so much a month added to your monthly bill. Cancel your service at any time and the outstanding balance is charged to your account, just like leaving Koodo. Retail cash prices for the phones are very much in the same ballpark. The US carriers typically offer humungous plans at very low per minute or MB of data. Shareable: 1200 min + 1 GB = $50 per mo, 6000 min + 2.5 GHB = $90 per month, prices no one in Canada has any incentive to match. I know that infrastructure costs, and regulatory environment are quite different, but believe the main reason consumers pay less in the USA is that the American landline operators are largely divorced from the cell operators. In Canada the big players such as Bell, Telus, Rogers & Videotron have little reason to want to steal their own landline customers away.
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Shareable is the way to growth in the good 'ol USA. At my temporary home, pick a plan, give th...

Okay Bob, your post makes no sense and is completely irrelevant to the actual topic. If you are going to comment in a thread, make sure it's relevant and on-point to the topic. You're just spamming.
Koodo only allows 5 lines per account. I'm loosing the family of 6 battle right now.